Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inkurable Stampers February - make a bookmark challenge!

How exciting!  The challenge for February over at Inkurable Stampers is to make a bookmark, of your choosing, provided of course you use a stamp :)  I have always wanted to make one of these corner bookmarks, so I set to work straight away!

The papers I have used are all from the same Kaisercraft range, but I picked them up last year from their factory outlet and don't know what the name of the range is!


I have stamped the Hero Arts 'friends definition' stamp as my background in black archival ink.  I used the applicator to apply a little black soot distress ink to the edges.  I used the sewing machine to add a sewn border.  I stamped Stampotique 'Newt with Lunch Box', Stampotique 'Welcome Door', and a quote from Paper Artsy 'Hot Pick 1004' on scrap white cardstock in black archival ink.


I attached my background piece to the corner bookmark catching in a piece of white lace, added the trimmed out Newt, also trimmed out the two words and edged them in black before attaching.  Then I took a black marker and just doodled a little around the words and the Newt just to create a little extra shadow effect, then took a white gel pen and drew some hearts along the top edge of the book mark.

Can't wait to find time to use it now!

Fiona
xx

8 comments:

shirley said...

Very cool bookmark Fiona!
Love the colors and the lace.

Rein said...

Love this!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Great looking Bkmark...saw this over at Inkurable...really nice blog you have too!

Mim said...

Very cool Fiona - love the combination of lace and inky sketch stamp (with such detail). Wow, that inked border looks so clean, just like a stamped edged. So neat!

Libby Hickson said...

Love this so much Fee, what a FUN bookmark. And I just adore what you do with those fun Stampotique images!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

How cute is this bookmark? LOOOOOOOVE that she is welcoming the reader back--CLEVER! Love those stamps by Stampotique:) LOVE IT!

Tracey said...

Totally LOVE this Fee!!!! I am going to make one for my daughter....she is graduating from college this April and she can't wait to just read for fun....she has about 30 just waiting for her LOL! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!

ferrellgraph-x said...

Oh I love the edgy look of your bookmark! I'll have to try it soon.
Kind regards,
Jennifer Ferrell