Sunday, February 20, 2011

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger

I have been wanting to play along at Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger for a while, and with this trigger picture, I couldn't pass up the opportunity!


I wanted to make a cover for a notebook, which I knew was going to get a lot of use, so I didn't want to over embellish it.  Just in case you wonder what I was inspired by - it was the blues, creams and browns, as well as the stripe on the pillows, and the florals.


I began with Bazzill cardstock, and the other papers were MME Bella Bella papers.  I created the dark stripes with Weathered Wood DI, edged the brown with Walnut Stain DI, and coloured the seam binding with Antique Linen DI.  Finished the blue stripes with a bit of machine stitching for texture.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

7 comments:

jenny said...

Oh Fiona.... that trigger pic is gorgeous... as is your beautiful notebook.... lovely work...

Hugs
Jenny x

Jenxo said...

very pretty and such a lovely color combo

yyam said...

Really pretty! I can see how you drew your inspiration from the trigger...:)

Cath said...

Hey Fiona! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fee, this is so pretty. It truly reminds me of that inspiration photo. I tried to play in this challenge, too, but with that tree falling and knocking out the power, it just didn't happen!

Loli said...

Hello fiona thank you for your comment.
I love your notebook, stunnig, elegant...i love it.
And the las week your little shoes in the Cafe so sweet.
i love your work.
A hug from Spain

Ruby said...

I must cover a notebook now, what a great idea, I love yours too, it's so elegant.