Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #70

This colour combo sure is bright and happy - thanks Ruby2Shoes for putting this together!


I have gone for loads of white space on this card, because I wanted the focal point to be around the flower.


This is the first time I have tried making a Japanese origami flower, and the fabric I chose was slippery and silky, but I'm really happy with how it turned out - especiall for the first one!  I used a little bit of twine from The Twinery to attach my button, and the seam binding is coloured using tumbled glass and broken china distress inks.


The card base and tags are made from Kaisercraft Sublime paper, and white cardstock, with the greeting from Darkroom Door set 'all occasions'.  I used a black artlinepen to 'draw' a sewing line around the edge if the white cardstock, as i didn't want the added texture effect of stitching with a machine.

 Please visit the DT girls and see what they've been up to....




We are fortunate to be sponsored by our guest designer this week Maria Gurnsey, with Ippity Stamps!



You could win these great prizes....



So hurry on up and get your entry in!

** EDITED TO ADD:  I have had a request on how to make the flower, or where to find instructions.  There are many instructions already available on the internet.  If you search for Kanzashi fabric flower tutorial, or something similar, I'm sure you will find a lot of responses that will help you on your way.  You may even find some you tube videos on them as well.  I did not follow any one tutorial which is why I did not post a link to anywhere **

Fiona
xx

Products Used: Bazzill Cardstock black/white; Kaisercraft 'sublime' paper; distress inks - tumbled glass, broken china;  The Twinery 'honeydew' twine; corner rounder; Darkroom Door 'all occasions' stamp set; fabric; button

16 comments:

Michele Gross said...

That flower is dreamy!! Super pretty and I can't believe its the first one! ;) Fun card and love all the white space, really makes all those yummy colors pop!

Julie Ranae said...

That flower is fantastic, Fee!!! I love the CAS nature of this card, it's so effective!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful Fee, that flower is just divine! Love the CAS design, it really does draw your attention to that amazing flower!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I used lots of white space too - great minds think alike! :) Love that origami flower, it's gorgeous.

Jinny Newlin said...

That flower is amazing, Fee! And boy, does it look scrumptious on a field of white!

Anonymous said...

Love the flower. Can you tell me where to find the instructions??

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fee, I like your handmade flower and that hand-colored seam binding. I think that using a lot of white space was a good choice, to let your handiwork shine. :) Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE the handmade flower Fee!! Beautiful card all around!!!

Dawn said...

Love how you have used your white space, I always find this difficult

love Dawn xx

Ruby said...

Oh how clever are you doing an origami flower? I love your fresh and clean card, it's so pretty!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE that flower--so lush! And I love that blue ribbon...and I love how you made those tags for the sentiment--SOOOOO cute! Great job with these colors:)

peggy gatto said...

Just right!

Benzi said...

Beautiful flower in an awesome color. Great job on that beauty and a gorgeous card.

Loli said...

This card is beautiful, i love the flower i would like to learn this tecnique.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

Tiya-B said...

great flower, stunningly beautiful card.

Sarah Anderson said...

your origami flower is truly STuNNiNG Fee, I love it!! Fab card xx