Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge #23

Well I am back with a card for you today.  I didn't think I was going to make the deadline for this challenge.  I've had an idea for it for ages, but that changed a couple of days ago, and as I was working on it - it morphed into this!


Edited to add:  This card made top 3 at the Stampotique Challenge

The Stampotique Designers Challenge this fortnight is a Stampotique only week - which means you have to use Stampotique stamps on your entry, and the added challenge is orange and turquoise.  I love these colours together :)


I have roughly cut circles in patterned paper, roughed up the edges with my nail and added a little distress ink to soften the edges.  Some of the other circles were made with twine and yarn.  The stitching was done before attaching the circles.  I used Stampotique 'Smile' stamp for one of the circles, and highlighted it with orange thread.


I also used Stampotique 'Honeycomb Background' stamped with antique linen DI to soften the empty corners.


Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

Products Used: Stampotique Stamps 'Smile' and 'Honeycomb Background'; Papers - Bazzill, 7 Gypsies Avignon, October Afternoon 'collectors item'; Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Pumice Stone; BG Capella alpha stickers; tnread; sewing machine; twine; yarn.

14 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Wowzer, I love this card!!! The circles and flowers, very cool! Great job with the color challenge, thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Tracey said...

FAB take on the challenge Fee!! LOVE the circles!

shirley henry said...

Hi Fiona! Love your take on this color challenge!
Love your creativity with the awesome circles.

Willy said...

What a beautiful and funny creation, Fiona! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is just AWESOME. I absolutely adore how you stitched around all of those circles AND used different things to make them. Super amazing card!

Tasha said...

Such an awesome design!
Thanks for joining in the Stampotique Designer's Challenge
love tasha xx

Angi @ CokiePop said...

So artistic & beautiful. :)

Pauline said...

Love the stiching and the roughed up circles, a great guy card.

Karen said...

Fabulous card! I love the textures and colours, and the way your eye travels around the design space. Beautiful!

Ruby said...

How cool is this?!!! Love the colours and the stitching. So much fun! Fab!!

shirley henry said...

Congrats....not surprised this made the top three!

Libby Hickson said...

I don't have the words for how much I ADORE this fun card!! I was so excited for you when I saw it on the Stampotique post, Yay!! You are so incredibly creative, girl!!

jenn shurkus said...

i absolutely LOVE this!!!jealous of all the yummy stitching :)))

Claudia said...

What a beautiful creation, love it!