Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #130 - Artwork by Lori

Hello my blogging friends! It is so good to be back creating again - I have been so busy with homeschooling the last few weeks, and I've finally caught up to a week where I can devote any spare time to crafting - yay!

So today I have an entry for Etsy Inspired Challenge blog.  We are visiting the beautiful Etsy store 'Artwork by Lori' - you have to check it out - she has some fantastic art there!  I have been tossing around ideas for a notebook cover, and I almost had one settled on in my head, and then I saw this challenge, and as soon as I saw this artwork by Lori, I had to try and create something similar for a notebook cover......


So here is my attempt....


I began with Bazzill cardstock, sponged on some white paint, and stamped over it in black archival ink with the Hero Arts 'friends definition' stamp.  I distress inked the edges using walnut stain and black soot.  I used circle templates to randomly draw circles which I painted using acrylic paints.  When they were dry, I rubbed some pumice stone DI over the top to take the brightness away, then roughly sketched some black swirls into the middle of the circles.  Some old Making Memories black alpha rubons, and some black stitching finished it off.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Fiona
xx

6 comments:

shirley said...

Love your funky retro painted notebook cover Fiona!
Theme over at Inkurables right now is paint!

Ruby said...

Ooh Fiona, I just LOVE your work! This is another beauty! I really must start altering things, they look so great! Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! WOW! This is super awesome! Perfect match to the inspiration piece! You nailed it! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

de said...

I always am in awe of your projects for EIC! They are always so amazing! Love this!


Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Jackie said...

I think your creation is brilliant Fiona! It's beautiful...thanks for playing with Etsy this week!!!

Virginia L. said...

How AWESOME is this! Love your inspired card! Thanks so much for playing EIC!