Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #74

Time is marching on, and I am back with another colour challenge over at The Play Date Cafe.  Ruby 2 shoes has put together this very fresh colour scheme for us all to work with....






This week we are being sponsored by Lizzie Anne Designs, and they have very generously provided the Design Team with some beautiful stamps to use to inspire you all.  The set I have used is called Bloomin' Doodles, and I have created this ATC...





The background is created with Faded Jeans DI mixed with some Perfect Pearls, and had white acrylic paint dragged down half of the ATC.  I created the squares using a piece of eraser and Dusty Concord DI, and outlined them in black artline pen.  I cut out some circles from paper scraps to create the large flower on the other half of the ATC.  I stamped a few flowers from the Lizzie Anne Designs set onto scrap cardstock and trimmed them out to make the small petals on my large flower.  The black flower is from the same stamp set, has been covered in glossy accents and raised on pop dots.  A bit more doodling, added a quote from Emerson, and dragged my edges through some black ink to finish.

You can win your own piece of Lizzie Anne Designs goodness just by taking part in the challenge this week.  Here is the fabby prize up for grabs (value $39.95 US)....



Need more inspiration?  Check out what the Design Team has to offer you this week....



Colleen Dietrich

Along for the ride this week we have the fabulous Taylor Usry joining us as a guest designer.  You can check out her creation on her blog The Quiet Moments.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you are all having a fabby week :)


Fiona
xx

19 comments:

Michele Gross said...

So fun! So funky! So Fresh!! I love what you did with the colors and your design-you rocked this challenge!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous piece, very arty, I love the large flower and the use of the petals, very creative. Tracy Evans x

Tracey said...

WOW!!! I am ALWAYS amazed at your ATC's Fee!!! SO wish I had some of your talent!!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous artwork. Beautifully created!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Fiona! LOVE all your painty/inky/pearly perfection! Great sentiment, too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous, Fiona! Love all the shapes and the fabulous sentiment! Wonderful job with the colors!

Rose Ann said...

I love what you've done with these images, Fiona! So much fun, and so creative!!

Cecelia said...

Great card! I love the sentiment and colors! Need to join in on this challenge over at PDC;0) Have a great evening;0)

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the very artistic way you've used the LAD images!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I just love the uniqueness of your card this week - so funky. Those rays from the left side catch my eye every time; great use of stitching.

Pauline said...

What a fantastic ATC, such a lot of work! Beautiful.

jenny said...

Gorgeous ATC Fiona... love the softness of those colors... and that saying... beautiful...

Hugs
Jenny x

XingYing said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! I like your cards, very inspiring!

thekathrynwheel said...

OOoh very nice. I'm loving the effect of the white paint over the DIs - may have to try that :-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love your papers you used--I had that same purple, and didn't even THINK to use it! That is how crafty you are!! And super clever! LOVE your design--love how you used your stamp:) FAB JOB!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful ATC! I love your inspiration for this week's challenge!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You are so artistic, Fiona! I love how you've used our freebie stamps to create such a piece of art.

Patrice said...

Love that ATC!

Basement Stamper said...

your ATC is adorable! Love the layout of it.