Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #75

I'm back this week with another beautiful colour inspiration at the Play Date Cafe from Julie Ranae.  Rest assured, this is silver not grey :)




We are being sponsored by the fabulous Wplus9, and the Design Team each are using a set of stamps from Wplus9 for our creations this week.  I had the priviledge of using the new Flora & Fauna I set, and I have created this card.....


The card base is MME Laundry Line 'Winding Vine' paper.  I have layered K & Co Classic K  Bailey Blue Damask on white cardstock and stitched around this using matching thread.  The sentiment is a rubon from Kaiser.


For my flowers, I began by stamping the large flower spray onto dark brown cardstock, and trimming it out, trimming out the leaves as I was going.  I crocheted some leaves in silver 32 gauge wire, and wrapped wire around the flower stems.  The leaves were glued in place with Dimensional Magic.  I stamped another couple of copies of the flowers onto Bo Bunny Bashful Dot paper, and trimmed them out also.  The small flowers were gently rubbed on the back with a paper tole tool to give the petals some dimension.  These were attached to the brown cardstock copy.  Then I used the same method on another of each of the large flowers for dimension, and attached those over top of the other ones.  The spray of flowers was all held in place with Dimensional Magic.

I was a little bit intimidated by these colours when I first saw them, but couldn't be happier with the end result.  Why not take some time to pop around and see why my fellow DT girls came up with?



And keep on hopping around, and go visit our Guest Designer for this week, Dawn Woleslagle, of Wplus9 fame - Stamp Away With Me.

So get cracking with these beautiful colours for your chance at winning a set of stamps of your choice from Wplus9!
 

Fiona
xx

16 comments:

Sabrina said...

Beautiful card and lovely flowers, Fiona! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Wow! LOVE what you've done with the stems and leaves... such fantastic texture! They're perfect for these beautiful, dogwood images!

Tracey said...

WOW Fee!!! LOVE how you added the silver wire to the stems...so creative and smart of you!!! Such a GORGEOUS card...LOVE it!!!

Michele Gross said...

That wire is ridiculously cool! Awesome effect and brilliant card!

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I just love that dogwood stamp....it is so gorgeous!! Thanks for letting us WPlus9 girls play along this week! ♥♥♥

shirley said...

The silver wire for the stems is brilliant! LOVE it!
Lovely flowers and background too.

Ruby said...

You're so clever Fee, just love how you've done the little leaves and that wire wrapped around, fab job!

Joanne Leddy said...

Crocheted wire leaves?!?! Why didn't I think of that?!?! You are pure inspiration and I just love the art you create - fabulous!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the wire... great touch. And as always, thank you for the comment on my card.

Cecelia said...

Very pretty! I love the metal wrapped around the stems of the flowers. Great idea! Have a great weekend;0)

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful design, Fee! Love those gorgeous flowers and the way that they are cascading down the card. Just lovely!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Fee! This is gorgeous! I love the flowers with the wire--sooooooo clever! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your stitching and the bold design but with the soft pink/red! LOOOOOVE! You rock:)

Patrice said...

I just love dogwood blossoms!

Sarah Anderson said...

LoL Fee, love how you nonchalantly describe crocheting WiRe for the leaves!!!! Fab card :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

So glad you took closeup shots of your flowers, Fee, so I could see the beautiful twining of metal around your flower stems. This turned out to be a gorgeous spring card!

Holly said...

What amazing details!