Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Stamping Queen

There are some exciting changes taking place over at The Stamping Queen - why not pop on over and have a look around?

Today I have two small projects to share with you, made from the one stamp.  It is a tiny inchie stamp made by Queen's Dresser Drawers and is called 'Little Girls'.  You actually get 4 stamps in one, but I have only used one of them today.

First up I have made this simple little piece of art using one of the images.  DI the background with Broken China and Shabby Shutters, and stamp the image with black Archival Ink.  Cover with Rock Candy distress crackle paint and allow to dry.  Rub in a little Chipped Sapphire DI to give the crackles some light definition, and finally wrap some 32 guage silver wire with beads around the image.  This is a fairly quick project, and could easily be added to an ATC or as an embellishment on a card or a scrap LO.


Next up I have used the same stamp, but have altered an old jigsaw puzzle piece.  I used similar colours as my first project just to keep a little continuity.


Paint the jigsaw puzzle piece white to cover the old image, and build up layers of paint - I used Folk Art acrylic paints and Jo Sonja pearl white micaceous pigment paint (to give a slight sheen).  I stamped portions of the same stamp into the corners of the puzzle piece using black Archival Ink, adding some black ink edges, and some dots and borders with a black artline. I stamped the image onto scrap cardstock, and trimmed out the little girl, and the saying, and stamped another image to trim out the post mark.  Attach these to the puzzle piece, mounting the post mark on an old silver circle clip, and adding dimensional magic to the quote and the post mark.  As a final touch I have added some more wrapped wire, with a bead and a charm off the wire.

The Stamping Queen has quite a number of these little inchie stamps in different themes - why not grab one, and try some mini art for yourself?

Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

3 comments:

shirley said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Fiona!
Love the beads and the use of the jigsaw puzzle.
I have some inchies also from the Stamping Queen. Thanks for the inspiration to get them dusted off and inked up!

Barb Conroy said...

They are great Fiona .. they are such a small stamp to work with and I applaud you for cutting up the tiny pieces!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love that puzzle piece! I love the metal accents too--beautifully done, FEE!