Friday, April 8, 2011

CPS 212

I tried to make a 'quick' card for this weeks Card Positioning System sketch challenge 212....

I don't do 'quick cards' very well......

Here is the sketch....


And here is my interpretation.....


The patterned papers are from Basic Grey 'Indian Summer', which I have layered up with some cardstock and an old scrap piece of paper from Chatterbox.  Most of the edges have been distressed and inked with either scattered straw or walnut stain.  A little bit of sewing, some jute string in orange, and a couple of buttons finished it off.  The greeting stamp and the little butterflies both came from Darkroom Door 'All Occasions' set.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

6 comments:

shirley said...

I think this 'quick' card is gorgeous!
Love the sewing and the banners.
Did you draw and cut the banners out?

Fiona said...

Hi Shirley :) You are too sweet! Yes I just measured and trimmed them with a craft knife - but I have noticed that these 'bunting' are very popular in the USA and there are a number of stamp manufacturers who are making gorgeous little triangle stamps ;)

Jewellery Bijou said...

Those cards are gorgeous!
have a lovely day!
Dorota
www.jewellerybijou.com

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the sweet little butterflies!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch! LOVE your color choices and the addition of those sweet, little, yellow butterflies! Yummy!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely brilliant! I love it! Great work.