Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An early Christmas tag - TSQ

Decided this year that I am not going to leave my Christmas projects until December.... so we'll see how that goes ;)  I have a fun tag to share with you today.  The background is distress inks (spiced marmalade, crushed olive and broken china) first applied with a blending tool, then swiped over with the ink pad to give the darkened stripes.  I have used an old circle stamp from Maya Road 'Blossom Circles' and white ink to make the spots behind the 'ho ho ho' (from Darkroom Door yuletide vol 2) - but you could use any piece of foam to do this.  I have stamped over these with black archival using my new favourite stamp set 'Journal Impressions' by Paper Bag Studios.  These circles were highlighted with a white gel pen.


Stampotique's 'Mort had a Pin Curl' was stamped in black archival on scrap cardstock and coloured with Derwent Inktense & Coloursoft pencils.  Once he was attached to the tag, I added some rough cut felt and a pom pom for a hat, and gave him some definition with a black artline.  I also added the border with the artline.

If you are looking for Stampotique stamps in Australia, pop on over to The Stamping Queen and have a look at what is available.  These fabulous Journal Impressions circles also came from The Stamping Queen - keep your eye out soon for more projects featuring this fantastic stamp set real soon!

Fiona
xx

NOTE: This project was created for The Stamping Queen DT.

5 comments:

shirley said...

How cute is this! Love Mort with his Santa hat against the yummy background. Those distress colours are just gorgeous in the pattern you created.
Love the arty border.Circles are great too.
Did I say I love this tag?

Cynthia Schelzig said...

super looking ho,ho,ho.......love it!

Julie Day said...

hehe...he makes for a cute santa. Love the background colors :)

Lux said...

So ADORABLE!!!

Shirley said...

OMGosh!! I love it! The colors are so bright, that little guy is so cute, and the ho's have it!!!