Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #76

What a fabulous bright colour inspiration we have at the Play Date Cafe this week.  Thanks to Sarah Anderson for choosing such happiness this week!


The project I have for you this week is a little different....


I have crocheted a butterfly, and added just a smattering of beads to complete the look.  This has been attached to an alligator hair clip. (I think you call these barrettes in America?)

This week we are joined by Tracy Evans as our Guest Designer - don't forget to check out her blog :)  Our sponsor this week is CropStop.com - you can pick up a $10 voucher to spend in their online store if you are the chosen winner this week :)



Photobucket


Our regular designers all have something wonderful to share with you this week, and you can check them out here....


I would love to see what you come up with this week!

Fiona
xx


NOTE:  The pattern for this butterfly can be found at dishclothdiaries.blogspot and is for personal use only.

14 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Thanks for the heads up for the butterfly pattern - I LoVe that you did this for play date. So, so gorgeous, and the beads are a FaB addition :)

STAMPING SAM said...

How lovely and thank you so much for the link to the directions!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous piece for the colour story, love the butterfly and the addition of the beads is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for inviting me along. Tracy x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love this little butterfly. Your colors are so unique. Thanks for the referal to the pattern.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh! This would be PERFECT on a hair clip! Genius! It's absolutely too sweet for words!

Basement Stamper said...

your butterfly is adorable with the alligator clip would look so cute in a little girls hair!

Ruby said...

I would LOVE to be able to crochet, I can just about do the basic stitches but it goes a bit wrong when I get past my first circle lol. I need a good teacher, do you fancy taking on a challenge lol?!! Gorgeous project Fee, love the little beads :)

Maria said...

Wow, a gorgeous butterfly! I know some basic crochet and wish I could make such an amazing creation such as yours! LOVE IT...great job!!!

Shobana said...

Oh wow! Super butterfly! :) I would just LOVE to make it and so tks for the link to the pattern! Might just pop up in one of my creations soon! :D Tks for stopping by and for your kind comments!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Fiona, you certainly have some fancy fingers! What a beautiful crocheted butterfly, I wish I had one-quarter of the crocheting talent you have! This is just marvelous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

LOve, love, love to see your crocheted/knitted items. Just gorgeous!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Fee--how do you DO IT!???? I love this! LOVE that you thought to make a hair clip (yes, barrette too!)!! And the added beads....and the dark and light together..oh oh oh! Just fabulous! LOVE!

Michele Gross said...

I think this is so pretty and sooo special! Wonderful project :)

Ivanka said...

Your butterfly is just gorgeous! I love it!!