Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #77

This week Ruby2Shoes has brought us this delightful colour challenge inspiration picture....  couldn't you just imagine yourself sitting back in this beautiful place?



 This week we are being sponsored by the fabby stamp company The Greeting Farm, and the Design Team each received one of their fun stamps to work with.  The stamp I received was 'Friday', and I have created this tag....

I began with a Size 8 white tag, which I inked with bundled sage and an ink blending tool.  I then used a square lid pressed into the bundled sage to stamp some small squares down one side of the tag which I highlighted with white gel pen.  I added a little bit of scrap MOD paper and inked the edges of that as well, and then went around the complete tag with black soot.


I added a few strips of kraft cardstock and over that my cut out 'Friday' stamp which had been embossed in black and coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils.  The letters are Tim Holtz Vintage Market die cuts in white cardstock, and lightly edged in black felt tip pen.   Final touches were the Kaiser green rhinestones, the jute string, and the string flower which I had made previously and had tucked away in my stash.

You can check out what the rest of the PDCC Design Team came up with.....



We have Jessica Diedrich guest designing with us this week, so why not pop over to her blog  The Whimsical Butterfly  and see what she has been up to?  And don't forget to get in and have a go - you could be in the running for a $25 gift certificate to The Greeting Farm!


Fiona
xx

12 comments:

shirley said...

Groovy tag Fee!
Love how you stamped with a square lid down the side.
Great interpretation.

Andrea Ewen said...

Love this tag Fiona...it's adorable! Super job with the colors, the only problem is...I wouldn't want to smash this beauty in a book...lol! Great work, my dear!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such great techniques, Fiona! LOVE this little tag and all your textural elements, too! Yummy!

Ruby said...

This is SO fun! I showed my friend your tag and she now wants to rush out and buy the stamp lol! LOVE how you've done the background too, so very pretty!

Michele Gross said...

What a great tag!! Love that cool chick! You made her look awesome :)

sparkles said...

thankyou for your comment on my blog x
Oh yes I love the green in this weeks challeng and love you entry x
Brabra

Susan B. said...

Wonderful tag! Love all the techniques you used as well as your cute stamp!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute tag! I love texture and papers behind your image! LOVE that white pen detail you added! LOVE that flower too! You are so clever!! Another thing I LOVE--those three tan papers at the bottom--so fun and just the right touch!! I love your coloring too--you amaze AMAZE AMAZE me!!

Happy birthday, FEE!! I know this is late--but I hope you had a great day!! Lots of love:)

Pauline said...

Love this sassy image and your colouring is awesome! I like the way you used a lid to get the square stamped effect, I am going to try that myself! xx

Maria said...

What a sweet tag! You colored her so well! Love the little string flower...too cute!

massofhair said...

WOW loving the tip about the lid and how very cool you've made Friday look.
Fantastic card:-)

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly said...

Hi Fiona! I'm sorry it took me so long for me to come around-but wanted to say your project is darling and TGF was excited to sponsor the PDCC! I also had a blast being your guest designer last week-thanks so much for having me!