Sunday, May 8, 2011

Anniversary Quirkiness - TSQ

I really hope you all enjoy this project I have to share.  My husband and I very recently celebrated 19 years of marriage, and this is the card I made him to celebrate our day.

 I began by drawing a nice curve to break the two sections, and coloured them using a blending tool and distress inks (rusty hinge & stormy sky).  I used the 'grunge alphabet' stamp from Paper Bag Studios in the same distress ink colours to stamp over each section.  I framed this layer with some white zig zag stitching.


The images are from Tim Holtz doo-dads 'wings & things 2', and so are the hats.  I made sure to edge these in a little vintage photo distress ink just to disguise the white edge.  The alphas are Paper Trunk 'benny' black and the '&' is Doodle Bug Design - both from my stash.  I wanted to add an element of black and white to the card, so I used the 'tiny daisy' stamp from Paper Bag Studios stamped twice (for each flower) on scrap cardstock.  These were trimmed out and attached along my curve line, leaving the petals of the top layer loose to create a slight 3D effect.  And don't forget the Kaiser rhinestones for a bit of bling!


All product for this card, except the alphas, has come from The Stamping Queen.  Pop back next week when I show you another way to use this gorgeous little 'tiny daisy' stamp!

Fiona
xx

NOTE: This project is made for The Stamping Queen DT.

5 comments:

shirley said...

Congrats to you and your hubby Fiona!
Fun card. Love those images and the background.

Els said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love your card! The vibrant colors are just fabulous!

Loli said...

HEllo Fiona thank you for your comment.
Your works are fantastics!!!as usual.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

Linda Beeson said...

What a really cool card!!!

Rossylalah said...

Happy Anniversary Fiona! My husband and I are celebrating our 31st on the 17th, wow how time flies! I can't crochet but I want to! I love the ATC of course your hubby has it displayed in his wallet, next to the childrens photos'LOL