Sunday, May 22, 2011

ATC fun - TSQ

I had sooo much fun making this ATC.  I just love it when a project starts with a little seed in your mind and grows from there, blossoming into a finished product that really makes you smile.

I really wanted to use Stampotique 'mort had a pin curl' on this ATC - he was stamped on scrap cardstock and coloured with Derwent inktense & Derwent coloursoft pencils then trimmed out and set aside.  The ATC began life as white cardstock, and was coloured with Tim Holtz Adirondack Inks (lettuce, meadow, sunset orange).  I stamped over it with Journal Impressions circles in Distress Inks (scattered straw, peeled paint, spiced marmalade, wild honey) and Black archival ink.  Highlighting was done with a white gel pen.


I found this fun phrase which came out of an old book, and was the inspiration for this ATC - it says, "It was Mr. Dill, a little, meek-looking man, with a bald head."  I doodled around the edges of the words, and the edges of the ATC with a black artline pen.

If you are looking for some Stampotique images of your own, they can be found at The Stamping Queen, who also sell a range of Paperbag Studios stamps.  I am loving these journal impressions circle stamps, and love the fun of these Stampotique images.

Hope you like this ATC as much as I do!

Fiona
xx


NOTE: This product was made for The Stamping Queen DT

6 comments:

shirley said...

LOVE IT!
This adorable ATC brought a smile to my face! Love the background colours and stamps. I tend to always stick with distress inks (which I love!).
I must dust off my other inks and give this a go.
Love the fun phase...it really suits Mort.

Tracey said...

Oh ya I LOVE it Fee!!! Brillant colours and so fun!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous piece, love love the background which works beautifully with the Stampotique image. Love the highlighting too with the White pen. Tracy x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL colors--love that stamp! And I love that you used a white pen for accents! SUPER amazing for a small ATC!

lostinpaper said...

How fab is your image & background! Perfect phrase for it as well.

Karen said...

I do love this indeed! Little Mort is one of my favourite images from Stampotique. Isn't he great! I love the background on this one too - so rich and colourful.