Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays - Bling Bling!

OK - so I'm still not sure I've got the concept of CAS card making - for some reason my CAS looks quite different to other CAS I see.....  but this weeks theme at CAS-ual Fridays is Bring on the Bling and I thought I'd have another go.


One of the things I am trying to do when thinking CAS is to try and limit the amount of time I spend working on a project.  Here is my tag for this week.....


I knew I was definitely going for black and white with a smidge of red on this tag (as it is intended as a Christmas tag).  I had already chosen two simple stamps from Stamp-It 'Seasons Greetings', but I wasn't quite sure how I was going to add my bling.  While scrounging through my drawer looking for appropriate ribbon, I spied this piece of mini sequin waste.....


It added just the right amount of bling above my stamped, shaped border.


And finished the centre of my snowflake.  There were a few silver sparkles on my ribbon as well, though they didn't show up so great in the photo.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

9 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Hooray! Fee came to play :) Your tag is gorgeous and absolutely CAS! Love the row of bling and your ribbon is gorgeous! I'm so glad to have you with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

shirley said...

Gorgeous CAS tag Fiona! Love the red bling. x

Patrice said...

Love that bling!

Virginia L. said...

Love that row of blings! It sure makes a beautiful statement! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Cecelia said...

Hello Fee! This is so pretty! I love the black and white! And the red sequin is perfect! Beautiful tag!

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Julie Day said...

Whoo-hoo Fee is here :) This is totally CAS and gorgeous! Love that row of bling at the bottom of your tag :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

This is sooooo beautiful!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This tag is stunning! I love the black, white and pop of red, and that ribbon is to die for gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again and share more of your beautiful work with us!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Definitely CAS, Fee! It is so crisp and clean, and I love that strip of red sequins.