Wednesday, May 11, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays meets Moxie Fab

When I saw the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab this morning, an idea popped into my head straight away.  I also wanted to support my PDCC team mates new blog challenge CAS-ual Fridays.... so.... even though I'm not sure I can do CAS, I have had a go at it anway.  For someone who normally takes hours to complete a project, this one took less than 45 minutes (including hand-stitching), so classes as CAS to me!!

Here is my CAS tag:


The stamps are from Tim Holtz Love Struck - love definition text on the heart, and the ticket over the top.  The threads are DMC # 966, 3326, 722, 727 and white, and I have varied the stitch length and numbers of thread used to create a sense of different weights - these coloured stripes were inspired by the stripes on the Tuesday Trigger.

So first up, here is the Tuesday Trigger.....


And here is the CAS-ual Fridays theme - texting.....


Thanks for stopping by my unusual-for-me CAS approach to tag making!!

Fiona
xx

16 comments:

shirley said...

WOW! Love this CAS tag!
Wonderful stitching and love the placement of the heart.

Jenny said...

Fee, your cas tag is gorgeous... love the stitching... fun idea...

Hugs
Jenny x

Wendy said...

Love your take in both of this challenges. I just read in your profile that you are experiencing the Joys of homeschooling. We started homeschooling last year and I find it to be a Joy too. We have two kids too, 9 and 6. Just thought that i would share.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Love!! Don't you love it when you can combine two inspirational challenges into one brilliant result - that's what you've got here!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Susan said...

this is very pretty - nice job.

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Fiona, this is so gorgeous! I love the sunny yellow and shading! The text heart adds such lovely interest to this card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! So glad that you join on the fun!

onecraftymama said...

I just love the stitching - fab idea!!

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing CAS!
Laura

Diane Jaquay said...

What a GREAT tag, love your stitching and the ticket and heart!

Julie Day said...

Hey Fee! You bet you can do CAS, this perfect! I love how you combined the two challenges! Love your colored stitching paired with the vintagy items. Love your text heart :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Nancy said...

CUTE!!

Michele Gross said...

Yay Fee! YOu rocked the CAS girl! This is really fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE this sweet tag, especially that texty heart and your fantastic hand-stitching! Woohoo!

Dana said...

Such a clever design! Love it! SO glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays and hope you'll play again!

Cath said...

Hey Fiona! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Mim said...

Bah, humbug - what do you mean you are not sure that you can do CAS Madam? This is a clear example of how wrong we can be in life ;-) It's just beautiful!