Sunday, May 15, 2011

A little journey - TSQ

I hope you like what I have for you today.  I had a rough idea what this card might look like, but the finished product even surprised myself.


The top section of the background is white cardstock which has been run through the cuttlebug with Spellbinders Impressability 'paisley' die, then inked with Weathered Wood DI for texture and depth.  The base of the background is a scrap of MME Bella Bella 'French Flea Market' paper, which has been stamped with Journal Impressions by Paperbag Studios in weathered wood DI (these are the circles) highlighted in white gel pen, then overstamped with the Tiny Daisy stamp also from Paperbag Studios in black archival ink which were dotted with a black artline around the edge of the petals for depth.  These were mounted and sewn onto some dark navy cardstock.


I have added some trim and ribbon from my stash to separate the two sections.  The butterfly is from Tim Holtz doo dads 'wings & things 2', to which I added some Kaiser rhinestones in blue, and some silver wire for the antennae.  The little word 'journey' comes from Collections Elements strip words (in kraft).  I am so happy with how this card turned out in the end, and it was fun to try a monochromatic colour scheme - something I haven't done for quite a while.

A range of Paperbag Studio stamps (including the versatile Tiny Daisy), Tim Holtz doo dads, Collections Elements strip words and Kaisercraft Rhinestones are available over at The Stamping Queen.

Hope you like this project as much as I do!

Fiona
xx

NOTE: This project was made for The Stamping Queen DT.

9 comments:

Jenxo said...

really really pretty Fi :)

Jenny said...

Your card is gorgeous Fee... love the embossing and the lace trim... so pretty :)))

Hugs
Jenny x

shirley said...

I love it Fee!
Such a pretty card. Love the butterfly and lace.

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE this Fee!!! I have this impression plate too...thanks for inspiring me to get it out again!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY gooooodness Fee! This is gorgeous! I love that stitching and the colors--and that lace!! OH MY! My fav is that butterfly--just GORGEOUS:)

lostinpaper said...

Such an elegant card, fabulous muted colours with such amazing texture!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, love th monchrome colour and the lace is wonderful.

Mim said...

the butterfly is gorgeous - I am a sucker for a realistic butterfly image. Once again, so much detail that I could look at it over and over again and notice something new each time.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is FABULOUS! I cannot even possibly pick a favorite thing! Every last detail is over the top amazing!