Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #80

Here we are again at the Play Date Cafe for another bright and sunny colour story from Ruby2Shoes!  Isn't this picture beautiful?  Come on, you have to have a go at this challenge!


I absolutely could not decide just what to make with those gorgeous colours this week, but I settled on a Christmas tag - I thought the colours (though not traditional) were appropriate :)


This began with a #8 tag which I covered with Bo Bunny 'Sweetie Pie Sigh', and then sanded and machine stitched the edges.  The stamped image is Whimsy Angels Row by Magenta.  It was stamped in black archival on scrap cardstock, coloured around the angels with Derwent Inktense pencils, some kindy glitz on the stars and lastly some AED glitter 'autumn leaves' applied to their hearts/stars on their dresses.  This was mounted on black and then adhered to my tag with an RW lasercut accent at each end.  Lastly I added a beautiful orange ribbon for good measure.

Our sponsor this week is Paper Smooches with the fabby Kim Hughes joining us as our guest designer.  Kim has been a Go-to Gal for Paper Crafts Magazine, and has branched out with her own line of stamps - Paper Smooches.


Thanks for visiting - hope to see you in the cafe this week!

Fiona
xx

13 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Darling tag and I love that big juicy bow!!

shirley said...

Love this cute tag Fee!
The bow is gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Your tag is so pretty Fee... and the stamp is sooo sweet... gorgeous color combo...

Hugs
Jenny x

Tracey said...

ALways LOVE your tags Fee and this is no exception!!! LOVE it!!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Fee, and I wouldn't have thought about these colors for Christmas, but you've made them work brilliantly!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

You are sooooooo clever! I love that you made a CHRISTMAS tag with these colors! FUN! LOOOOVE that lush ribbon--and the frame for those little angels! SO SO SO cute:) You rock, Fee:)

Andrea Ewen said...

This is just the sweetest tag, Fiona...that bow is just spectacular!

Marcy Smith said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me kind words...awesome playing with the colour challenge you definately nailed it in the cutest way! :)

Kim Hughes said...

omgoodness, pure sweetness! Perfect stitching (I am jealous) LOVE that chunky bow. Really, fantastic tag :)

Shirley said...

Your Christmas tag is so cute and pretty too! A great choice! I have seen your thumbnail with the hat on blogs when I post, so I had to get on over here to take a look. LOLOL Glad I did.

Colleen Dietrich said...

A Christmas tag was a very good idea, Fiona. It is very cute, and now you have one less to make at holiday time!

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh Fee those little angels are so, so cute! Glad you decided on a Christmas tag, wouldn't have wanted to have missed this one!!

Magirk said...

I love your beautiful Christmas tag with these bright colors. Those little angels are adorable, and your perfect bow is awesome. ;-)

(Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I appreciate it!)