Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #81

Please note: this is a re-post due to blogger going offline this week and not being able to recover my post.

It's time for another Play Date Cafe colour challenge!  And here is the gorgeous colours chosen by Sarah Anderson....


Our sponsor this week is Stampotique :)


I love their images and was thrilled to be able to try out some new stamps this week.  Here is my card....


I have begun with purple cardstock as my base.  I have added a layer of Kaisercraft After Five collection paper - this is my grey element (the dots).  Next up I stamped Stampotique 'Daniel's Hearts' on the dotted paper, and again on some Prima Urban Cosmos paper - which were then paper pieced over the top.  I did this to create a little more depth to the hearts, and add some pattern to the hearts.


Over this I layered a small piece of puple and white cardstocks, and added Stampotique 'Smile' which was paper pieced as well (using paper scraps) and Stampotique 'Smile Enclosed!'.  A little black machine stitching finished this card off.

Our guest designer this week is R. Maria Sabina.  You can head on over to The Play Date Cafe to see what she created, as well as our talented design team, not to mention finding out what the fabulous prize is for this week :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

12 comments:

Jenxo said...

love this fi, the color combo is gorgoeus but the hearts are lovely...

shirley said...

Very cute card Fiona!
Love this colour combo. Think I might have a go at this challenge.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, that's some fab paper piecing and fussy cutting, Fiona! Love the design and awesome job with the colors!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So cute, Fiona! Love all those edgy hearts across the card.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious! I bet it took hours to paper-piece all those fabulous hearts, but it was so well worth it! Such a great design!

Debgem said...

So original - love it!! Will have to pay a visit to the store!

Faye said...

Great job, fiona. I like those unusual shaped hearts.

Michele Gross said...

So cute!! I love your paper pieced hearts and all the pattern you added to them! Super fun!!

Rebecca said...

Very nice Fee! Love how you can successfully combine cute with grungy :)

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, I love the hearts colored and Smile!!! Great job with this challenge.

Becky said...

Loving how you paper pieced the hearts! That grey polka dot paper is perfect! :)

Joanne Leddy said...

So cool. Love the hearts scattered about....