Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #82

Ruby2shoes has come up with a gorgeous colour story for us this week at the Play Date Cafe!  Soft and muted and just delightful.


I really couldn't decide what to make this week, as I thought these colours would lend themselves to so many different ideas.  In the end, I decided on a fun crocheted bookmark, using scraps of yarn from my wool box.


So easy to make - just a few scraps of yarn, and a few buttons, and some basic crochet skills.  I couldn't decide whether to make the circles into flowers, or to mix and match the button colours, but in the end I decided to go for a simple bold combination of matching colours and simple circles.


We are being sponsored this week by Discount Cardstock, and our guest designer is Laura Davis.  Why not pop on over to the Play Date Cafe for all the details about this weeks challenge.


Thanks for visiting today :)

Fiona
xx

14 comments:

shirley said...

Fabulous! Love this charming and unique bookmark Fee!
Love those colours.

Tracey said...

You ALWAYS have the most creative FUN ideas FEE!!! Fabulous use of the PDCC colours :)

Andrea Ewen said...

What a fabulous idea, Fiona...not only are they gorgeous, but functional, too! You are so wonderfully creative!

Ruby said...

Yay Fee, this is fab! You can never have enough bookmarks and it would be a great gift to tell someone you're thinking of them too.

I am going to have to get crocheting. I said to Ian today that this weekend I am going to make a chain, if nothing else lol. I had loads of ideas too, just couldn't choose which to do!

Thanks for your comment on my blog again, you're so sweet and brought a smile to my face again, love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Little Miss Creative--LOOOOOOOVE this idea! So fun! What a great way to use these colors--and those buttons are the perfect weight for those bookmarks!! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your creativity!!!

Cassie_lu said...

I LOVE your bookmarks and only wish I knew how to do that. beautiful job.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE these, Fee! Leave it to you to make me want to learn to crochet! I'd LOVE to have a bookmark like that! TFS!

Michele Gross said...

Darling bookmark! What a wonderful idea!!

Faye said...

Very creative, Fiona. Your bookmarks are beautiful. I like it that you used the same color button as the yarn in each of them.

Vickie Z said...

Clever, clever, clever!! Absolutely adorable!! Would love one myself (avid reader)!

Maria said...

Love your crocheting skills! What a sweet creation you created...love it!!!

Becky said...

This is just beautiful! I need to pick up those basic crochet skills of which you speak :) Waiting for my mom to teach me!

Shobana said...

You are so clever! Love your crochet ideas! :) Super stuff!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is the neatest bookmark! Sorry I hadn't gotten over here in time. :)