Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Artistic Stamper - June 2011 Challenge

I saw this challenge at The Artistic Stamper at the beginning of the month, and even noted it on the calendar to join in.  Then I got busy and crossed it off my list.  Then I sent my stamp collection on a 2 week holiday to a friends house.  Then I had to make a gift card holder/card in one.

I was so happy to be able to get it done in time for this challenge - though I did only just get it done in time....

The challenge was 'monochrome + one colour'.  Many decisions had to be considered with the colour choices (and choice of stamps for that matter) because of the recipient.  Grey scale was chosen as the monochrome, and a deep red as the plus one colour. (The gift card also happens to be red - very handy!)


I had so much fun making this project.... Began with black and white cardstock, and grey papers from Kaisercraft (After Five Collection and Sakura Park).  I used black soot DI and archival black ink, as well as a Tombow marker (#847) for the red.


I have used lots of different stamps by Stampotique (Mort had a Pin Curl, Honeycomb Background), Stampers Anonymous (Artful Mosaic), Tim Holtz (Life's Possibilities - quote), and Darkroom Door (Alphabet Medley).


You can see on the inside I have decorated it to match the front - with the word 'seventeen' stamped which hide behind the giftcard, but will be visible one it is spent!

I used a half inch punch to punch out the alpha stamps, but also used it to punch out a piece of magnet which holds the gift card flap shut against a circular paperclip.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

7 comments:

shirley said...

This is very cute/grungy. I am sure the seventeen year old will love it!I sure do!
I just might have to 'adopt' Mort...if 'Eric' does not mind sharing his space. LOL!
This card would also be suitable for the challenge at Inkurable Stampers :)

Pam Wendt said...

That red is perfect with the greys -
and what a neat technique to use the alphastamped dots behind the gift card! :o)

Meg said...

Oh, this is just perfect for a seventeen-year-old! I love all your different shades of gray and stamp layering!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! What a fun stamp by Stampotique!!! LOVE that little guy--so cute (you know what I mean??)!! Great colors and layering of stamping!!!!!!!!!

Artyjen said...

Great monochrome card thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month.
Glad you made it in time ;)
xoxo Sioux

Hels Sheridan said...

Brilliant card, loving all those elements! Thanks for joining in with the Artistic Stamper challenge x

Minxy said...

What a super creation,thanks for playing along with the artistic stamper team this month x