Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #84

This week Ruby2shoes has brought a challenging colour story to The Play Date Cafe - I say challenging, as mixing brights and pastels is something I wouldn't normally do ;)


I have created something a little different this week, and you will have to look carefully to see that soft pastel lilac type colour on my baby card.  See if you can spot it around the greeting, and also I used milled lavender DI to stamp the Ippitiy 'A Bit of Burlap' to give my background some detail.


The real feature of my card is that awesome crocheted coral rose flower in hot pink.  I made that using two different size cottons (#10 and #5) and am really happy with how it turned out.  The images and the quote are from Darkroom Door  'Hello Baby' products.


Here are a couple of pictures of the flower before they were attached to the card..




Our sponsor is Mark's Finest Papers this week - why not try out these colours for yourself, and be in the running for a terrific prize!


Thanks for popping along to visit my blog :)

Fiona
xx

NOTE: I found this pattern on Ravelry.com, but you need to be a member to access it, so I am passing credit to Linda Skuja on her blog here if you would like to see the pattern for yourself.  Thanks Linda I really had fun making this flower!

12 comments:

shirley said...

What a GORGEOUS flower Fiona!
I love it!
You did a wonderful job on the colour challenge.
The montages look really good with this colour combo.

Libby Hickson said...

Love your adorable baby card Fee, what a great use of the colors! And that crocheted flower is so cool - someday I need to learn to do that!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fee, your card has such a calmness about it that I love. And that flower of yours is such a show stopper!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so beautiful, Fiona! LOVE that gorgeous flower, and so glad you gave a close-up of that scrumptious, background stamping!

And I tried to email you, but the one in Yahoo Groups didn't work for me. Anyway, I got an awfully BEAUTIFUL, little bookmark, today, in the mail. Thank you so, so much! What a sweet surprise, and if it’s possible, it’s even more gorgeous in person than it was through this monitor! Thank you for thinking of me! You’re ever so sweet and thoughtful! And I'm so blessed to have met you!

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the crocheted flower Fee!!!

Marlena M. said...

That flower is the showcase for sure. They could later use it for the young girl's headband! Work of art! ;)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, fabulous flower.

Andrea Ewen said...

This is just the most adorable card, Fee...that crochet flower is just beautiful and those black and white images stand out wonderfully!

Ruby said...

Well it may have been a challenge, but I think you did a superb job!!! I just love that flower, looks fab!

Patrice said...

That rose is fantastic!

Rebecca said...

You are so talented Fee! That flower is gorgeous.

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, It works very nice, beautiful and amazing,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com