Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #85

This is an exciting week over at the Play Date Cafe this week.  Jaclyn Miller begins her new role on the design team as colour story coordinator.  Let's take a look at the fab colours she has chosen for us this week...


Aren't these so romantic and feminine?  I have created some shabby prettiness with this weeks colour story.


I have created this with cardstock, patterned paper scraps, and some old Latin book paper.  The butterflies are Tim Holtz 'Papillon' and the words are from Paper Artsy 'HP1005'.  I also used the Tim Holtz alterations die 'file tabs' to create the tab behind my book paper.  I made some stick pins, and finished the card with some beautiful trim, twine and ribbon.


We are being sponsored this week by Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker.  Why not head on over to The Play Date Cafe to see what great prize is on offer, and to check out what our Guest Designer Anya Schrier has created with these beautiful colours.


Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

15 comments:

Dragon said...

I love all the DT pieces and especially these colours, but I adore what you have done with the TH papillon paper etc...
Frankie
xx

Andrea Ewen said...

What divine vintage goodness, Fee! The colors are perfect and the accents are beautiful!

peggy gatto said...

Luscious comes to mind!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully created.

Pauline said...

This is a stunning piece of vintage loveliness!! I love the butterfly image and the scrummy lace, so pretty!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your piece! I shy away from purple so I find your limited use very appealing on this challenge.

Jinny Newlin said...

Shabby prettiness is right, girl! Yummy! Lovin' all that lace and stitching and those gorgeous pins and butterflies... Well, who am I kidding?! I LOVE it all! Simply beautiful!

Ruby said...

I love your shabby look, such a beauty of a card! FABULOUS! Love those butterflies and that lace is gorgeous.

Faye said...

Such gorgeous details, Fiona. Your creativity and sense of elegance sure beats anything I could ever dream up. This is so beautiful with the lace and the textures.

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Fee!!! SO many sweet details to adore!! LOVE the lace and those pins.....PERFECT!!!

Patrice said...

Fabulous texture!

Maria said...

Absolute beauty! Could hardly take my eyes off of this gorgeous card! Love the butterflies, lace, paper, and pins! A marvelous creation, Fee...love it!!!:-))

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fee, as soon as I saw your card in our Yahoo gallery, I was mesmerized by these butterflies. THey make the whole card for me! Love them.

lostinpaper said...

THIS is the card I 'pictured' when I saw these luscious colours. It is perfect!! Love all those wonderful layers and sweet butterflies!!

Diane said...

Very artistic...love it...love it!!