Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #86

Well I hope you all had fun at the Play Date Cafe with our soft colour choices from Jaclyn Miller last week.  She is mixing things up this week and taking us on a very bright journey indeed.....


When I saw this colour story, my initial thought was licorice all sorts.  I realise some of you may not have heard of these - they are a lolly made up of layers of coloured candy and licorice.  I have included a picture of some with my creation for you to see what they are.


As you can see, my card is really meant to resemble those licorice all sorts!  This is a very simple card, made with strips of paper.  The focus is on the greeting tieing it back to the licorice all sorts.


The alpha stamps here are Darkroom Door 'alphabet medley', the little black/white alpha stickers are Sam & Lucy weave extras, and you may not be able to see it so well on the photo, but the coloured sections have been stamped with Paperbag Studios 'journal impressions' circles and covered with perfect pearls.

Our guest designer this week is Tami Mayberry, and you can see her fab creation back over at The Play Date Cafe.  Why not pop over and see the prize up for grabs this week?

Fiona
xx

14 comments:

Pam Wendt said...

I love all the texture here! And how fun to go with the candy theme! :o)

ThinkInk Creative said...

Who can resist liquorice all-sorts especially one this big????

Fantastic idea for a card!

cheers,
Malyn

Andrea Ewen said...

How wonderfully creative, Fee...now that I see a picture of the All-Sorts, I know exactly what they are! Your card is a sweet tribute to them! Beautiful job with the colors!

Michele Gross said...

LOOOvve!! Your card is delightfully fun and those candies are gorgeous! I can totally see your inspiration :)

Stephanie said...

Terrific card, the sentiment just stole my heart!!!

shirley said...

Yummy card Fee!
Great idea.

Karen said...

Wonderful card! I love cards like that with built-in puns. So clever. Thanks for the smile :-)

Jinny Newlin said...

So, super, stinkin' fun, girl! So glad you went with your gut and put this design to good use! Yummy!

Donna B. said...

I love this card! Especially the colors up against the black. The stickers sentiments is great too!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! What a great idea---love that licorice inspiration! Makes my mouth water!! Bet they are good:)

I love this card--love that sentiment and your stitching! You are so fabulous! Great job, Fee!!!

Maria said...

Perfect use of color! Mmmm a candy theme makes it very yummy!
:-)) A great card, so sweet!

Ruby said...

Ooh yay! I love the beady liquorice allsorts, you can keep the rest though lol. LOVE your CAS card, so fun!

Tracey said...

LOVE your fun inspiration Fee!!! We have these here in Canada...I just did not know what they were called :) Such a fun sentiment!!! LOVE this card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm so glad you went with your original idea to be inspired by the Allsorts candy. It looks wonderful!