Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #87

Welcome to another week at The Play Date Cafe!  We hope you will join us this week with another fantastic colour story from Jaclyn Miller...


This week we are being sponsored by Stampendous, and I was lucky enough to receive this 'cling deco lady' to work with.


Using this design with these colours in a finished project did not come so easily to me this week, but I ended up making this tag which I was quite happy with in the end.


I began with a #8 white tag which i edged in pumice stone DI.  The image was stamped on scrap cardstock, and coloured with Derwent Coloursoft pencils.  It was mounted on some very dark blue cardstock and attached to the tag.  You can't see it in my picture very well, but I have used distress crackle paint on the image, except for her skin areas.  The tag topper was made using the same method, but I just stamp the hair section on to a circle punch out before colouring.

Our guest designer this week is Stephanie Severin - why not pop on over to The Play Date Cafe to check out her creation, as well as the rest of the design team?

Thanks for stopping by

Fiona
xx

9 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely adore how you've carried a portion of the image to the top of your tag! Genius! And gorgeous take on this color story!

Donna B. said...

Very pretty tag! Love how you colored in the image!!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful image, love your tag!

Patrice said...

I love art nouveau - so beautiful!

Mim said...

Love that inked background and the way her face is so clear of ink smudges! The red hair is also a winner in my book ;-) The Play Date Cafe inspirations always look like fun challenges to play along with, might have to check them out too. How do I squeeze more hours into a day?!

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful tag! Love the image and the colours you have used!

Ruby said...

This is really elegant Fee. I love how you've done the top, so pretty. Such a lovely way to bring it all together

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous Fiona...your tag is just beautiful! Love the stitched edges and how you colored the image...fabulous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Fiona. That image is lovely.