Monday, June 27, 2011

The Stamping Queen just 'For You'

So I am back with some new images to share with you for The Stamping Queen.  These images are more from the Paperbag Studios range, and I have created a vintagey/shabby chic card to wish a work colleague farewell.


The papers are from MME Bella Bella range, and have had their edges distressed and lightly coloured with pumice stone DI.  The twine is just plain kitchen twine, coloured lightly with pumice stone DI also to blend better with the card.  I have used two Paperbag Studios stamps on this card.  I have stamped 'flower bud' in tattered rose DI on the background, and 'series c' (this is the lady on the tag) which has been stamped in black archival ink on to two different papers - I just trimmed out a section and adhered it over the other one for a bit of definition and depth to the tag image.  The Stamping Queen has a range of Paperbag Studios stamps if you would like to try your hand at creating something like this.



The calendar image was a freedownload from Crafty Secrets available here.  The alpha stickers (they are a bit hard to see in my image - I didn't want them to overpower the card) are Basic Grey Cappella Micro Mono stickers.  I spent my spare time this weekend working on crocheting those roses.  They are made with #20 thread and were inspired by this pattern from Pierrot (or if you are registered with Ravelry you can find it here).

Thanks for visiting today!

Fiona
xx

NOTE: This project was made for The Stamping Queen DT

3 comments:

shirley said...

LOVE everything about this card!
You know I love vintage/shabby.
Your handmade crochet roses are divine!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHH! Super shabby and chic--love those crocheted flowers--you are so creative! I wish I could crochet (knit) like YOU!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Beautifully done:)

Jinny Newlin said...

So, so pretty, Fiona! LOVE those roses! They fit perfectly with this vintage/shabby look!