Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A warm cardigan for an Australian winter

I have been working on a cardigan for myself this year, but it took a hiatus while I made this one for my daughter.  This is made with a lovely thick yarn from Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool range - it is 100% Undyed Peruvian Highland Wool - soft, thick, delightful to work with, and beautiful to wear.

I had to edit my post because I forgot to mention that this pattern is called 'Nell', and is designed by Kim Hargreaves.




Thanks for stopping by

Fiona
xx

9 comments:

shirley said...

This looks so comfy and warm...your daughter is so lucky to have such a creative mum!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous Fee... looks so lovely on... and with the cold days we have been having, I am sure it is going to be a favorite...

Jenny x

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am completely impressed by your knitting abilities, Fiona!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH FEE!! You are super amazing--wow! I wish I could knit or crochet like you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweater--can I buy one from you??? Give me prices:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Rebecca said...

Oh Fiona, you are so clever! That's a beautiful cardigan.

Marlena M. said...

This is so nice! What a wonderful gift to be able to make. ;)

Mim said...

Just Beautiful - I'll bet it's warm and toasty with that Peruvian wool. Perfect for riding out the Antarctic winds at this time of year. Love those chunky buttons. As always, inspiring!

Lisa said...

Fee, I've been looking all over for the pattern for Nell by Kim Hargreaves! Where did you find it?

Fiona said...

Hi Lisa,

I tried to reply by email, but I couldn't.

This pattern was from a book by Kim Hargreaves called 'Amber'. I bought it from jimmybeanswool.com but I see that they now say it is discontinued. Kim Hargreaves herself on her website is no longer selling it.

If you want to continue discussing this, would you mind using my email address located at the top of the side bar on my blog? That way I can respond in a more personal way.

Thanks, Fiona (Fee)