Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #89

After last weeks bright colours, The Play Date Cafe is bringing you something softer this week...


Aren't these pretty?  This week we are being sponsored by The Craft's Meow, and the design team has received some stamps to work with.  I received a 'Little Frieda' image to work with.


I mixed a little bit of colouring with Derwent coloursoft pencils and some paper piecing to put this simple card together.


I have matching socks and dress, matching shoes and waist tie, and I added a green bow to her hair by restamping the waist bow.  Here is a closeup of the paper piecing on the skirt.


Would love to see your soft and pretty creations in The Play Date Cafe gallery this week - why not pop on over to see what the Design Team have come up with, and check out our Guest Designer for this week - Nicky Hsu.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

12 comments:

shirley said...

Love these colours...it's more me!
The girl image is so cute. I have not seen this before.
Love how you used the bow for her hair and layered the dress.
You call this a 'simple' card? I call it a work of art! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

How sweet, Fee...I love how the image is in a sepia tone and that colorful flower just draws your eye!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh, Fee--this is beautiful! I love the hint of mint for her bow! SO CUTE! And that gorgeous flower she is holding--LOVE LOVE LOVE! I love that square doily too--or lace--either way-FAB! Great job:)

Tracey said...

Fee this is such a soft and sweet card!!! LOVE the added dimension you added and the pp's :)

Donna B. said...

Love your card and how you used the colors! And that little girl is so sweet!!

Lisa said...

Very soft and sweet! Loving the lace behind her too!!!

Marlena M. said...

This looks so cool with the flower being highlighted. ;)

Mim said...

Love this Fiona, thanks for your lovely inspiration! As always, a joy to visit and catch up on your creativity..

Jinny Newlin said...

So sweet, Fee! LOVE that lacy frame!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, I love the vintage feel to the sweet image, and the embroderie anglais is gorgeous.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Fiona. Love the cute image, the dimension... and that doily looks awesome. :o)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Lovely way to showcase an image without adding color, Fee! It reminds me of the old daguerrotype photos.