Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #90

The Play Date Cafe colour story this week is bold and bright!


We are being sponsored this week by Our Craft Lounge, and the design team have been provided with some product to use.


I toned down the colours a little to suit a more 'girly' approach to my tag.  I have used paper scraps and white cardstock, a little distressing, a #4 tag and some wild honey distress ink to colour the tag and seam binding.  I used butterscotch alcohol ink to colour the white Heidi Grace heart pins.


In this detail image, you can see I've used the hibiscus stamp from the 'Kona' set from Our Craft Lounge to create a lacey effect border to the top and bottom of my colour panels.


Hope you all have a bit of fun with these colours - stop on in at The Play Date Cafe to see what the other designer team girls have created, and also our Guest Designer Kendra Weitstock.

Fiona
xx

11 comments:

shirley said...

Lovely tag Fee. Love how you toned down the colours. The ribbon/heart pins look fab.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that lacy, flower detail! And you colored those pins so perfectly! I never would've known that they didn't come that way.

Donna Bowman said...

Very pretty tag!! Love how you stamped the images to look like lace and your embellishments are great!!

Melisa Hunter said...

This is a very pretty shabby tag!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such a pretty tag! Love the ribbon and the yellow heart pins!

Marlena M. said...

This island girl LOVES this taste of Aloha. ;) Thank you for making my day and making me smile. ;)

Maria said...

Very lovely tag! Gorgeous lace flower, ribbon, and pins! Great addition of the hibiscus stamp for the border, so pretty! Take care and have a great weekend!:-))

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous tag! Those pins are too cute & I love the way you have used the hibiscus stamp to make a border!

Christa said...

Thank you Fiona for your nice comment. I think you did a great job too. I looooove tags (and formerly had a tag-challengeblog) and totally love the toned down version.

Ruby said...

Isn't it fun colouring in your own embellishments! Love your tag, that Aloha sentiment is fab!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY, Fee--this tag is super cute! I love that ribbon with the pins sticking out! LOVE LOVE LOVE that little lace too:) Great job!