Monday, July 11, 2011

The Stamping Queen - double tag

Hello fellow blogland friends :)    I am back with another creation for The Stamping Queen, using Paperbag Studios 'Serie C' (this is the part tag stamp with the lady on it - how impressed was I to discover that this stamp fits on a #8 shipping tag??!!), Paperbag Studios 'dots' and 'hole punched'.


I used two #8 shipping tags to create this project - one I tore just under the stamped image of the torn tag, and then one full size tag which I tore along the bottom to roughly match up with the tear shape of the smaller tag.  The backgrounds were created using Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge, Weathered Wood and Chipped Sapphire), then I stamped portions of the Paperbag Studios tag stamp in the same inks down one side of the large tag.


I added some more coloured stamping with the 'dots' stamp, and added the word 'Genova' (this came off the tag stamp) using some old Making Memories foam stamps.  I also added some 'hole punched' images in Black Soot DI to fill in some gaps.  The small tag was stamped with 'Serie C'.  I coloured some seam binding with matching DI's to tie the two tags together.  Finally added a few pearls from Kaisercraft to finish.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and if you are interested in creating some art with Paperbag Studio stamps, why not head on over to The Stamping Queen and see what you can find.

Fiona
xx

NOTE: This project was created for The Stamping Queen DT

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I love the mixture of colors and that bow at the top--those images are perfect! LOVE the torn edge too! You knocked my socks off tonight! LOVE IT:)

shirley said...

WOW! Love the torn tags,distressing and yummy colours! Cool stamps too!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous! Love the vintage feel and the distressing. :)