Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge #33

This challenge over at Stampotique Designers Challenge was to use your scraps, and it was a Stampotique stamp only week.

EDITED to add: This project made Top 3 at the Stampotique Challenge

I had this idea building in my head from as soon as the challenge was announced... I knew I had this stamped image 'O Joy' [Jill Penny & Daniel Torrente] in my drawer, and it was from that image that I built my tag.


After colouring the tag (scattered straw, peeled paint, aged mahogany distress inks) I used 'honeycomb background' [Josie Cirincione] in the same ink colours to randomly stamp down the tag.  The strips of paper are scraps from Cosmo Cricket's 'yuletide' collection.  A bit of doodling around the edge.  The alphabets were tricky - I consider alpha's to be scrap when there is so few left it is difficult to make a word - this generally occurs when there are no vowels left ;)  The 'o's' are the unused centres of the o's, the 'h' had to be made from a letter and a number, the exclamation mark is an upside down semi-colon.  The yarn/string tie - I can't even remember where that came from - I remember it was used to tie something up, and I thought it might be useful one day - one day has come and it was perfect for my scrap tag.


The chains/jewellery pieces came from a bracelet which I had pulled apart for the beads and decided to keep the chain/clasp piece, and I had to use a couple of jump rings to get the feet to hang just right.

Thanks for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

11 comments:

dutchstamptramp said...

Love how you used the stamp on this one. Wonderful colours too. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designers challenge

arteminorca said...

So nice, so original!!! I love it! Congratulations! Kiss, Lu!

shirley said...

LOL! This is so clever Fiona!
I love it! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fabulous tag--I love that you broke apart of your bracelet for the chain! SOOOOO clever:) I love the stitching too! Great tag!

Pauline said...

This is a wonderful tag, I love Stampotique images they're so fun! I love the colours and the stitching, such a lot of interest on one tag!

Gez said...

FAB tag! Love how all the different elements work so well together.
Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Basement Stamper said...

Phenomenal tag, love the legs hanging from the charm. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Willy said...

What a wonderful tag! Great use of scraps. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer’s Challenge # 33.

Angela Weimer said...

A fab tag. love the design. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Atticelf said...

LOL - love it!

Ruby said...

Such a fun tag Fee, I always love seeing your work!