Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge #34 and The Artistic Stamper July Challenge

Woo hoo I've had time to play in two Stampotique Designers Challenges in a row!  This week the theme is flowers - and I have made an ATC.

I came across this quote from John Lennon around the time the challenge was announced, and I knew just what I wanted to do, and I'm pleased to have found the time today to make it.


I began with white cardstock, and inked it up with distress inks (scattered straw, wild honey, rusty hinge and vintage photo).  I stamped 'Blocks' by Stampotique (Maryse Carrier) then masked these off to stamp the background with Hero Arts 'Friends Definition'.  Then I masked off the background to stamp 'Tiny Spiral' by Stampotique in Forest Moss.


My flower is made using 'Daniel's Hearts' by Stampotique (Daniel Torrente) which was coloured with fired brick DI and forest moss DI for the leaves.  A bit of stitching, some doodling around the flower, and red paint dots to complete a frame finished off the design of the ATC, and then I added my quote coloured lightly with scattered straw DI and edging with a Zebra Sarasa pen.

I am also entering this ATC into The Artistic Stamper July Challenge - my plans for this entry kept interfering with my ATC plans for Stampotique, so I gave in and decided to combine the challenges.  The challenge over at The Artistic Stamper for July is to use 'HOT' colours.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit :)

Fiona
xx

11 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great ATC, love that sentiment with this adorable image. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love that this was made from white cardstock--GORGEOUS inking....and I love love love that flower! SUPER fun!! Great sentiment:)

ps....I hope you got my message in the PDCC group--I was wishing you well and sending TONS of hugs to you:) I'll miss you, but I will see you around the blog world:) LOOOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!

shirley said...

Fiona, I am loving the 'hot' colours and distressed background.
The flower you created is so cute. Love it.

Shannon said...

What a great idea, I love how people are turning the hearts into flowers, what a wonderful idea.
I also love the coloring and sentiment on your ATC, beaUTIFUL WORK!

Jenny said...

Beautiful ATC Fee... love the heart flower with the doodling and awesome quote...

Jenny x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous ATC Fee, those colours are so "hot".

Pauline said...

A lovely ATC, the warm inks are gorgeous, and that sentiment is lovely.

Gez said...

Gorgeous! Love the warm colours and what a wonderful sentiment. So glad you could join us again, it's lovely seeing your take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez.

Willy said...

Great ATC, sentiment and colours!Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 34.

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Wow! This is a stunner - very striking piece! I love how you have layered the images and border of dots to create depth in your background! Thank you for sharing your inspiring project with us at Stampotique this week!
Val :)

fatmonica said...

It's lovely-great flower and great colour.