Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Inkurable Stampers August Challenge - get sketchy!

Oh boy... I'm cutting this one fine.... I'm seriously starting to get annoyed with myself for leaving these entries to the last minute!!

Sarah at Inkurable Stampers set a sketch challenge for this month (if you want to play along, you need to HURRY!!) The sketch was courtesy of Pagemaps.


Continuing in my pursuit of creating my Christmas cards early, I have used some of my daughters Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly papers left over from last year, and combined them with some Christmas images from Darkroom Door 'Yuletide Vol 1' and 'Noel'. 


Given that I used Christmas papers, the colours are pretty traditional, and I used aged mahogany and walnut stain distress inks for my stamping and edging.  The scallop was created using Martha Steward 'Scallop Dot' border punch.  Finished with some stitching, and some kitchen twine.


Thanks for stopping by - don't forget to check out the new style challenge and blog at Inkurable Stampers!

Fiona
xx

7 comments:

shirley said...

YAY! You made it!

Love the vintage feel to this fab Christmas card.
Great take on the sketch.

Vicky said...

LOL, like I always say "better late, than never"... I love the colours & your interpretation of the sketch, great vintage feel :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Fee... love the papers you have used and the traditional colors... and good on you... getting in early for Christmas... I should do the same...

Jenny x

christ said...

thank you for your comment on my blog. I love vintage colours and christmas. Papers are so beauty.

Lizzy Hill said...

I agree with Shirley, it's got a grat vintage feel ~ & you know what they say 'better late[ish] than never'!!!

Sarah Schwerin said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Fiona! Love all the layering. Thanks for playing along!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Fee, I think this is gorgeous. Love the muted colors, the Old World feel. Great job!