Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #92

Well hey there folks :) I have been quietly working away the last few days on an entry for The Play Date Cafe #92. I knew I had just the eclectic mix of yarns to create something that's been on my mind for a while.


The yarns I have picked include two different weights of cotton, a boucle type wool, and a nylon yarn. Simple crochet circles (mind you, I did have to fight with the different weight threads with the one hook!) have been joined together to create this free-form necklace.

**Edited to add: This was chosen as Cream in Our Coffee.

Here you can see a closeup of the beautiful textures.

Here it is shown as it was designed - a necklace. You can see I have dyed seam binding in colours to match.

But what is so fabulous about this project, it has other uses. Imagine throwing a shabby chic party and having these decorating vases or bowls....

And how awesome to create a one-of-a-kind gift wrap (which doubles as another gift!) with it....


Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

18 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Oh Fee! Absolutely stunningly gorgeous! I love this creation and all the wonderful ways you've showcased it! So glad you came to play with us :)

shirley said...

WOW! STUNNING!
I always love your crochet flowers!
Love the way you used them.

Ruby said...

Yay, you played along!!! LOVE how you've shown different variations for your gorgeous crocheted piece. My favourite is the gift wrapped one!

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful flowers and so versatile!! I think I like the vase one best!!!

Tracey said...

Oh Fee you are so darn creative!!! LOVE this multi purpose project...so soft and pretty!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness this is wonderful! So many possibilities for these little beauties!!!

An Altered Wonderland said...

knit jewelry is just so beautiful. thank you so much for sharing

Julie Ranae said...

Oh Fee...this is absolutely stunning!!! The colors are perfectly matched to the color story and your crochet work is always so beautiful!
I must make sure Sarah gets a glance at this!!
Beautiful work and SO happy to see you back in The Cafe!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You've outdone yourself, Fee! It's soft, feminine, gorgeous, and unique. I LOVE when you crochet/knit things. :) Glad you had time to play with us this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gosh, Fee! This is FABULOUS! LOVE it in these beautiful colors and its genius versatility, too! Thanks so much for sticking by us and play along at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY GOOOODNESS--Fee! This is gorgeous--I love love love your creative take on these challenges;) You nailed the colors--and this necklace is just STUNNING! I love it--you know I want it:) LOL!!! Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at the PDCC:)

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply beautiful, Fee...I admire your talent for yarn crafting...I love the projects that you come up with! They're all so perfectly colored and wonderfully creative!

Jaclyn Miller said...

WOWEE! You've outdone yourself Fee! I LOVE how you've used the colors and I love the varying weights of yarn on the necklace. Amazing job! Glad you played along this week.

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Fee, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love love love it!! What a wonderful use of those colors!! Nice to see you playing along - miss you, girl!

OriBella said...

Great idea!:)

Jenny said...

Love love love Fee... how stunning... beautiful soft colors and how fab to create a necklace with lots of options... truly beautiful...

Jenny x

silhouettemania.blogspot.com by joelmamota said...

Great! Congrats for your fabulous project!
joelma by www.silhouettemania.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

You are so clever Fiona! Always beautiful work!