Monday, August 15, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #94

Here is the gorgeous colour inspiration this week at The Play Date Cafe...


I have used these colours to create a funky engagement card.

The papers are from Chatterbox (Together Blue Floral and Together Stripe) and Kaiser (Grandiose Vienna and Grandiose The Lourve), as well as some cream cardstock.  The stamps are Stampotique (Minky Girl and Toby), Hero Arts (Friends Definition) and Darkroom Door (All Occasions).


Toby and Minky Girl have been coloured with Derwent Inktense Pencils, and I have used Scattered Straw DI to stamp the text background and edge the cardstock layer.


I have trimmed the card with some pom pom trim (from Fancy Pants), brown netting, a ribbon bow, and a handmade rolled ribbon rose.

I hope you enjoy my quirky engagement card - and I hope the recipients do to!

Thanks for stopping by.

Fiona
xx

12 comments:

shirley said...

I LOVE this quirky card!
Every detail is fab :)

Lisa said...

What an interesting pair Fiona...love the fun accents you've added and the coloring is wonderful!

Basement Stamper said...

Love so much of this card...especially that pom pom trim with these characters. Great color combo for them!

Ruby said...

I LoVe the way you carry off Stampotique stamps so well, that ribbon rose is FAB. How did you do it? Did you just wind it round a little? I seem to be able to make them but find them hard to hold together in their spiral!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very unique, Fee! That pom pom trim is wonderful. I really am glad to see you hanging out at The Play Date CAfe this week, and it was nice of you to visit my blog too. Hope things are well in your part of the world!

Jinny Newlin said...

So sweet, Fee! Lovin' that pom-pom trim and all the fabulous textures you've tied into this beauty! Thanks so much for playing along with us! Hugs!

Denise said...

Wow, Fee! This is so unique and lovely! It's always good to have you in the Cafe - love, love, love your work!

Vicky said...

What a fabulous engagement card! Very quirky indeed, & I have to get me some of those Inktense pencils, the colours look great :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous card, Fiona...those images are colored wonderfully and I love your little handmade rose! Hope all is well with you!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Do you want to watch Final Destination 5 full movie online? It is not released yet but you can watch it already!

Click here to [url=http://watchfinaldestination5-online.com/]watch Final Destination 5 online[/url]

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH FEE---I love that you played along with us over at the PDCC! You rocked these colors--and these stamps are perfect! LOVE that these two are engaged! That flower is SUPER pretty:) FAB JOB!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Jenny said...

Not only is it quirky Fee, it is gorgeous as well... love those stamps and the inktense coloring... they are fab pencils... am sure the engaged couple will love it :))

Jenny x