Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #95

I couldn't resist playing along with the beautiful colours at The Play Date Cafe this week.


And this week I have decided to use these bold colours to begin my Christmas card making.  I know I need to have my cards made early this year, so this was as good a place as any to start :)


So I have layered white cardstock on navy cardstock, then added strips of Kaisercraft Seaside 'Rock Pools', emphasised with more navy cardstock - which you can see in the detail shot.  These strips have been stitched in navy thread.


The green panel is Kaisercraft Chapter One 'Reflect' paper stamped with a greeting from Stamp-it 'December 25th' set in black archival ink, edge-distressed,  and layered on yet more navy cardstock.  I have used white seam binding to create a bow, and have attached two beads with 'pink sorbet' twine from The Twinery.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!

Fiona
xx

5 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Fee! LOVE those stitched panels and your beautifully embellished bow! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

shirley said...

Beautiful Christmas card Fiona!
Love the dainty bow with the twine beads and stitching.

shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen Dietrich said...

HI Fee! I am so excited to see you playing with us. ANd you've created the LOVELIEST Christmas cards with these colors, too. I like it very much, it's classy and subdued.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Fee--you took my breath away! This is a GORGEOUS card--love that bow with the bells and the green! Great job with our colors this week! Hope you are doing well:) LOVE ya! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC:)