Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #96 - Fathers Day

Well, it was certainly challenging to try and use this weeks Play Date Cafe colours for a man's card, but with Father's Day in Australia next weekend, I had to get a wriggle on!


I have combined stamps by The Crafts Meow (Life is a Carvnival), with papers by Bo Bunny (Flutter Butter 'honey') and Cosmo Cricket minidecks (Wanted and Earth Love) to create the mood/theme and colours.


I added the Tim Holtz Vintage Market alpha die letters, because I thought they really suited the carnival type theme of the card.  I used Scattered Straw DI and a little Pumice Stone DI on the edges to tie the layers together, a bit of sewing and some plain old kitchen twine (just to ensure it wasn't too girly!)


Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

8 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Well, I think that you've done a fine job using these colors for a guy card! Matter of fact, it's a fabulous job! Perfect in every way! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe! Miss you!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! LOVE that you used these papers for this color story--PERFECT match:) I LOVE your stamping and this card! It's a fab design! LOVE LOVE LOVE the tickets and your stitching through your alphas! YOU amaze me!! I miss you too:) Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

shirley said...

FABULOUS!
I would never have thought to use these colours for a male card.
Great choice of papers. The stamping,tickets and twine bring it all together just wonderfully!

Lisa said...

Love this sweet ferris wheel Fiona! The line of ticket stubs is absolutley the perfect touch!!!

Tracey said...

AMAZING FEE!!! WOW!! LOVE this dad day card!!! Thanks for joining us again at the PDCC...miss you :(

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hey Fiona! What a great masculine card! The colors are perfect. It's so great to see you [playing with us! :)

Julie Day said...

Love it Fee, the design is fantastic and I love the fact that you did a masculine card with this soft color palette :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I LOVE the muted colors and this card is totally awesome! Great job. Glad to have you still playing along. :)