Monday, August 29, 2011

A Play Date with CAS-ual Fridays (#96 meets #17)

So, as I mentioned in my last post, Father's Day in Australia is next weekend, and with the left over bits from my other Father's Day card, I thought I would make another card with the leftover supplies I had out on my table.


**EDITED TO ADD: This was chosen as Cream in our Coffee at the PDCC**

So I have used the same colour palette with Bo Bunny Flutter Butter 'honey' and Cosmo Cricket mini decks 'Wanted' and 'Earth Love', so this card is going in for a second entry at The Play Date Cafe this week with these delicious colours....


CAS-ual Fridays theme this week is stickers, so I dug around in my box and pulled out some Carolees Creations 'tiny simple sandra' letters, Basic Grey 'Capella' mini mono stickers and Heidi Grace cardstock stickers and created a monogram-type panel on a label element from Cosmo Cricket 'Earth Love' series.


A bit of that plain old kitchen twine (this is a man's card afterall...), some stitching, and 1" circle punches in the coordinating papers brought this design together quickly and simply.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Fiona
xx

12 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Another fabulous card, Fee!! LOVE that tag with the D!!! Perfect for the upcoming holiday! LOVE that paper choice--I can't believe I didn't think of that for this color story (just like your other card! LOVE!). You rock!!! Thanks for joining in the fun!! Miss ya;)

Vicky said...

I love what you've done with the softer colours :) & what a great idea for using up those stickers!

shirley said...

Another awesome card. Love the soft,vintagey colours.

Jinny Newlin said...

This one is just as fabulous as the first! LOVE the bracket around your "D", and that row of punched dots is fantastic! Hugs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Fee! It's wonderful to see you again. I think your card is terrific, and the baker's twine is a just-right touch. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Lisa said...

Very nice Fiona! Love the simplicity of it and of course those fab colors!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful card, Fee...in a masculine way! The accents are fabulous, love the twine and the chipboard! Great to have you playing along with us!

Jenny said...

Beautiful Fee... perfect for dad... love the color combo as well and the kitchen twine... nice touch...

Jenny x

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful composition and design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is absolutely fantastic Fee. I just love the combo of papers and elements. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

Julie Day said...

Gorgeous card Fee! Love the elements and that tag with the D is fab...the twine is the perfect touch :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!