Monday, August 8, 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge #35

Hello my blogging friends.  I have not felt much like crafting the last week or so.  Well actually, that is not entirely true.  I wanted to, I just couldn't be bothered to haul all my stuff out of it's storage and then have to pack it all up again!

I quick visit to a few blogs yesterday, and before long, a card was made :)  This little creation is for the Stampotique Designers Challenge #35 - to use red, orange and yellow, and must include stamping with Stampotique stamps this time.

I combined white cardstock, some paper scraps, distress inks (rusty hinge, fired brick and scattered straw), seam binding, bakers twine, and some haberdashery.


The stamps are Honeycomb Background (Josie Cirincione) by Stampotique and Photo Cat (Maryse Carrier) by Stampotique. 

One of the blogs I visited yesterday was my old PDCC teammates Jinny Newlin, to check out her video on what she calls 'dressy bows'.  I have seen bows made like this before, but if you haven't, you really should check out the tutorial on her blog here - it's super easy to understand, and very easy to follow!

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

13 comments:

shirley said...

Fab card Fee! Love the stitching.
Going to check out how you made that gorgeous bow!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Fee... love both those stamps... fab honeycomb background and the cat is cute... love the seam binding too...

Jenny x

Carla said...

great card, love the cat and the background.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Love this cat...super looking card too!

Willy said...

Cute and fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 35.

Basement Stamper said...

very cute card, love the stamped background and Maryse's images crack me up. I'm off to check out Jinny's bow tutorial, I'm always stumped on those so thanks for sharing that and so glad you played along with us at Stampotique this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

You're just too sweet, Fee! Thank you so much for the link! Your card is adorable! LOVE that little sentiment frame and darling kitten! Plus, who can resist your dressy bow ;)?!

Tracey said...

Hey Fee!!! LOVE this card, especially the black stitching...I never think to do that!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! I just used Jinny's bow tutorial too on my most recent post LOL!! Miss you!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card, I love the way you've used the set colours :)

dutchstamptramp said...

Fabulous! Love the whole idea. Thank you for joining the Stampotique designr's challenge

Debbie said...

Awesome card Fiona! Being a cat lover this is extra special!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER beautiful! I love the colors and the bow--that kitty is so cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE, Fee;)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Would you like to watch Final Destination 5 online free? It is not released yet but you can watch it online already!

Click here to [url=http://watchfinaldestination5-online.com/]watch Final Destination 5 online[/url]