Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Inkurable Stampers eyelet challenge

Yes folks, you heard right!  The challenge at Inkurable Stampers this month is to use eyelets.  I've had this idea brewing since Sarah announced the challenge, and I had such fun putting it together!

Another ATC (yes, I know, I've gone a bit ATC mad this week) - I created the background using both sides of a piece of scrap patterned paper - all the pieces were edged with ink (either aged mahogany or victorian velvet) and then adhered to another ATC-sized card to hold it all together.


Minky Girl by Stampotique was stamped on scrap cardstock using black archival ink and trimmed out.  I gave her some little wings which came out of a packet of Bella Petites.  The quote is one my daughter found and came out of the chorus of a song.


And those glasses - how fun are they?  This was quite accidental - in my mind, I expected the eyelet to wrap on over itself at the back to give me neat round glasses, and I was going to use wire to fashion the nose bridge, but when I smacked those eyelets and I saw the gorgeous star shape, I knew those glasses were going to be fancy as!  So I left them like it, and attached them with some dimensional magic, and then drew on the bridge of the glasses across her nose with a black pen.

Thanks for stopping by once again :)

Fiona

xx

10 comments:

shirley said...

Minky is the coolest kid on the block with those awesome glasses!
Fab background and the quote is perfect :)

Laura said...

Wonderful ATC. Love how you have used the eyelets. Very inventive.

Jenny said...

Oh this is awesome Fee... love those rose colored glasses... so so clever... and perfect wording on your ATC too...

Jenny x

Basement Stamper said...

I think the eyelet glasses are just perfect!! Love what you have done with her on your ATC.

Vicky said...

Can I borrow those super cool glasses LOL? Minky looks fab wearing them :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh my! You are so clever using the eyelets this way. Love it!

laury55 said...

happy accident!!!love how your "girl" looks

Robyn said...

It's amazing how accidents can sometimes turn out so well! I love your Minky girl :)

Be(e) said...

Gorgeous, Fiona! Those glasses are so creative!

Mim said...

Am loving those rose coloured glasses - my hubby tells me all the time that I am too optimisitic!! I can always count on you for fantastic inspiration - thanks!