Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mojo Monday and the PDCC

Well, in my planning a project for the Play Date Cafe's 100th week, I loved the colours so much, I decided to make 2 projects, and this is actually the 2nd one I came up with, but am posting it first.

So I have used this weeks sketch at Mojo Monday.....


And combined it with the beautiful Autumn colours at the Play Date Cafe.....


And I came up with a Christmas card (as you do with Autumn Colours ;) )


The papers are from October Afternoon Thrift Shop 'still in box' (yellow), LYB Vita Bella Collection 'Green Distressed' (green), and Basic Grey Offbeat 'Nonchalant' (orange).  The distress inks I've used to coordinate are scattered straw, rusty hinge and peeled paint.


I have combined the Merry Christmas stamp from Tim Holtz Winter Sketchbook set, and the Christmas Ticket stamp from Tim Holtz Odds & Ends set.  Lots of edge distressing, sewing and layering.  The black rubons are from Kaiser Fancy Border rubons.


I have added some seam binding, twine, and a few orange brads to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping in to say hi - I hope you'll be back this week - I have been very busy and have lots of projects to share this week!

Fiona
xx

4 comments:

shirley said...

Beautiful 'distressed' Christmas card Fee!
Looking forward to seeing what else you have created :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous Fee... love that color combo too...

Jenny x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! I just love the green as your focal color! Great papers and super sketch! LOOOVE love love;) You rock, Fee!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fee, this is great! I love that you did the unexpected and made a Christmas card with our colors this week. I love the font on that sentiment, too; very old fashioned. Hope all is well in your corner of the world, and I'm so glad to see you came and played with us. :)