Thursday, September 1, 2011

Moxie Fab World - Horizontal Sketch Challenge

I saw the reminder pop up on Moxie Fab World about this challenge, and I checked it out, and this idea almost instantly popped into my head.  There are a bunch of challenges going on over at Moxie Fab World at the moment for Card Ideas Week - this is the horizontal sketch challenge.

OK so here is the sketch..


And here is what I created...


This is quite different from what I would normally make - but I am really happy with how it turned out.  Lots of white cardstock with distressed edges.  Stamps from Stamp-It ('Seasons Greetings' and 'December 25th') using distress ink colours Scattered Straw, Crushed Olive and Aged Mahogany. 


The circle design is punched with a 1" circle punch, and the quote/greeting is stamped in Black Archival Ink.  Lastly some stitching, and white seam binding to finish.

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Fiona
xx

6 comments:

shirley said...

Fabulous take on the sketch Fee!
Love the distress colours,stitching,binding,white background. Did I say how much I love this card?
I too, had forgotten about this sketch challenge.
Going to check out those lovely stamps....after work!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, this is so fun, Fee! LOVE your distressed and layered edges and the way everything just shines on that bright white background!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card, love this sketch and how you distressed the layers of white. Gorgeous!

Jeanette Marchand said...

Beautiful card. Love the distress edges.

Cath said...

Hey Fiona! Thanks for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Marlena M. said...

I love those distressed edges!!! ;)