Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Play Date Cafe #100

So I'm back today with my 2nd showing for The Play Date Cafe, which was actually my first idea when I saw the colours for this week.


So, again I have used these beautiful autumn colours to create another Christmas offering, this time a tag.  I began by cutting two tags, and carefully measuring and cutting a corresponding 'window' in both sides. The stamping and stitching detail were all attended to at this point.


 ** Edited to add: This tag was chosen as a Fab 4 **

The 3D origami stars were made and attached to the thread, and I used a little dimensional magic just to ensure they didn't slide around.


I used 3D mounting tape to adhere the two tag layers together, offering a little bit of depth and protection to the stars.  Finally I punched two holes and tied a piece of ribbon through them.


Thanks for visiting :)

Fiona
xx

Products Used:
Papers by: October Afternoon Thrift Shop (yellow), LYB Vita Bella Collection (green), Basic Grey Offbeat (orange)
Stamps by: Darkroom Door (Yuletide Vol 1)
Distress Inks: scattered straw, rusty hinge, peeled paint
Other: DMC thread E310, 3D mounting tape, sewing thread, machine, hole punch, ribbon scrap

9 comments:

shirley said...

WOW! LOVE this fab tag Fee!
Those stars are stunning!

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous tag, that definitely adds a lot of depth to this!

Lisa said...

Fiona this is so fun! Love your sweet little trio of stars on your fab tag!!!

Marlena M. said...

Fiona, this is SO cool!!! I love the way you always think outside the box. ;)

Ruby said...

Oh Fee you are SO clever! I think I might have made one of those little stars with Tinks from an origami set. LOVE your tag, it's FAB!!! x

(ps - Thanks for joining in our 100th challenge over at The Play Date Cafe lol)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHH! This is just gorgeous! I love the ribbon and I LOVE those stars! LOVE how you did it in 3D! You are SUPER amazing:) Thanks for joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

Shobana said...

W.O.W.
Talk about creative! :) This is just SUPER! Might just borrow your idea for future reference! :)
Just FAB!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I sure do miss your ingenuity here with us at THe Cafe, Fee! This is super cool for two reasons - you made it a Christmas theme again, using the 'fall' colors, and also you made those little origami stars. Wow! You rock. :)

Linda Beeson said...

What a cool little tag! The cut out window and those stars are wonderful.