Saturday, October 29, 2011

Inkurable Stampers October Challenge

Sarah at Inkurable Stampers has thrown open her door for a colour challenge this month - orange, purple and green - make sure you include some stamping :)

I have been seeing loads of owls around lately - on blogs, on pinterest and at the shops.  My blogger buddy Shirley loves owls, and every time I see an owl when I'm out shopping I think of her...

I mucked around with some bits and pieces to come up with this owl for the challenge.


The only stamp I used was Hero Arts 'friends definition' from which I cut the body and head.  The rest is made with scraps of paper and cardstock, a black artline pen, and distress inks for the background (dusty concord, spiced marmalade, peeled paint, black soot).

Hope you enjoy my little piece of fun - made especially with Shirley on my mind.....

Fiona
xx

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Oooh, I know she will love it! It's just gorgeous :)

shirley said...

OOOH! What a hootie cutie! I do love it. So adorable. She looks very at home with the gorgeous background.

Jenny said...

So fabulous Fee... gorgeous background as well...

Jenny x

Jenxo said...

owls are everywhere arent they fee, love your little guy...

Lizzy Hill said...

Woo-Hoo [or is that Hoo-Hoo!!] ~ this is totally fabulous. Sooo arty & individual. The colours work really well for an owl. 'Hoo-ed' have thought:):)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is one of the absolute cutest things I've ever seen! ADORABLE! I especially LOVE your texty owl and fabulous color story!

Mim said...

Beautiful inky background - as always, I am in awe! Love the idea of appropriate text for the owl body and wings, might have to use this as inspiration for a funky birthday card that's on my list of things to do ;-)

Sue Smith said...

What a hoot! This is totally adorable and a perfect theme for this colour challenge.