Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mojo Monday 210 & PDCC 102

So after my arty/quirky entry to PDCC102 yesterday, I thought I'd try something with those colours that is a little more traditional.  Another Christmas card to add to the stack.

So I have combined the sketch from Mojo Monday 210


With the colours from The Play Date Cafe 102


And this is what I came up with...


I turned the sketch on its side, and for the most part the construction is fairly straight forward.  I did want to say the panel on the right is made up of individual Christmas greeting stamps from Darkroom Door Yuletide Vol 1, which I have stacked to created  this panel of greetings.


Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx


Products Used: 



black/white bazzill cardstock
Papers- Kaiser Lilac Avenue Collection 'Sweet Pea'; Bo Bunny Back to Basics 'Sweetie Pie Squeee'; Scribble Scrabble Bric A Brac #361
Stamps - Darkroom Door 'Yuletide Vol 1'; Kaiser 'Doodled Christmas'
Black Archival Ink
DI - shabby shutters; peeled paint; black soot; embossing ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Trims, sewing machine/thread, buttons

8 comments:

Julie Day said...

FAB-ulous Fee! Love how you made these colors work for a christmas card, I must give this a try! Love it :)Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Mynnette said...

L-O-V-E this! I am in love with this color scheme for Christmas, now! I LOVE non-traditional holiday color combos! Thanks so much for a fabulous card to CASE! :)

shirley said...

Beautiful Christmas card Fee!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Your artistry really delights me, Fee. I like how you take colors that are different and use them for a non-obvious holiday card. Love those stacked ornaments. Thanks for playing with us at The Play DAte Cafe this week!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Another stunner Fee! I love how you've laid everything out. I'm really surprised at how well these colors work for Christmas. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

mlarisa said...

Очень красивая открытка. Удачи!

Lynn said...

Loved the Christmas theme with this colour scheme - it looks great