Friday, October 7, 2011

Operation Julie's Smile BLOG HOP!!


Welcome to the huge blog hop for Operation Julie's Smile!  If you came here from Sarah Anderson's blog, then you are in the right spot.  If not, you may want to start from the beginning at the Sweet Stamp Shop’s blog and take your time.   

The hop runs from 8am EST Friday October 7th through to Midnight Sunday October 9th (please note this is US EST time - for my Australian blogging buddies, this is 11.00pm Friday October 7th through to 3pm Monday October 10th).  

I really hope you'll join in on all the fun - there are over $2500 US worth of prizes - you can be in with a chance to win prizes by taking part in the blog hop, and/or using the DONATE BUTTON ON MY SIDEBAR to give to the benefit fundraiser.  

So what is this  hop all about?  Read on to find out what Julie Ranae has to say.  My project is at the END of this post, and it will make WAY more sense if you read Julie's story first  :)



“The creative blogging community is coming together this weekend to help one of our friends, Julie Ranae.  You may know her as the Design Team Coordinator for many wonderful companies from bakers twine, die cuts, rubber stamps and more.  What many people don’t know about Julie Ranae is that she has had some pretty major dental surgeries in her lifetime due to medication she had to take as a child.  It was in her plans to think about having all of her teeth  replaced at some point in the next 5 years, a decision that was pretty easy to plan out.  But then it happened…she chipped her front teeth on a weekend a month ago. The dentist told her there was no way to save them & that it was his recommendation that she give in and have them all her teeth removed soon, but for that day, they needed to get her front teeth done so her gums could begin to heal. He said he would 'work out payments with her to have ALL this work done...but when she called to make her appt for the first step of impressions, they told her the amount of money that was needed and that the 'payments' applied only to the two teeth that were extracted that day. Her husband Paul was with her & that too, was his understanding as well. So this is how she has found herself in this situation…Needing at least $4000 to get started and another $3000 to finish the process…a total of $7000.

Nicole Rixon, owner of Sweet Stamp Shop put together this benefit after finding out about this situation and before Julie Ranae knew it, it took flight!
Because she is an event organizer by trade, she has taken on the job of organizing all of the blogs in this hop as her way of ‘working overtime’ for what she needs, the same as if she were able to work overtime at an outside job to pay for the work to be done.
It is the goal of all of these generous friends & sponsors to help make this situation more do-able for our friend so that she can share a brand new smile with all of us soon.
If there is anything you can do to help with a financial donation, there is a donation button ready for you to click.  Any amount is appreciated and ALL DONATIONS will be eligible for prizes from our sponsor pool of over $2500.”

So there you have it - the chance to help out one of our online crafting buddies who finds herself in a difficult situation with 'no front teeth'....  with that in mind, and keeping my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, here are my blog hop projects :)


Project #1: 'all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth' ATC




Project #2: 'what made you smile today' ATC




I had so much fun with these - getting painting with the backgrounds, and inky with the stamping :)  But most of all, I was so happy to be involved with this benefit - the blog hop, the hopping, and being able to share some of my crochet in the prize pool.


I hope you enjoyed your stop here on the hop!  The next stop is Libby Hickson's blog.  Make sure you leave a comment here before you go so that you can have a chance at the amazing prizes up for grabs and if you can, please make a donation so we can help bring back a new smile for our friend :)

Thanks for taking the time to read through this HUGE post!

Fiona
xx

Supplies List for ATC projects:
Bazzill Cardstock - black and white
Paint - FolkArt 954 fresh foliage and 643 azure blue; Jo Sonja pearl white micaceous pigment
Stamps - Hero Arts 'friends definition; Stampotique 'mort had a pin curl' and 'smile'; Paperbag Studios 'journal impressions'
DI - Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint, Dried Marigold
Black Archival Ink

110 comments:

Erin said...

ahhh so funny and CA-UTE!!! Really great projects *HUGS*

Jingle said...

HA! These are GREAT!

GabrielaD said...

Great card!

Lizscraps said...

from a BIG ATC fan these are just great! love them.. new follower here in US

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Yep, perfect sentiment and love these colors.

Tonya said...

Love the colors. Beautiful.

naturecoastcrafter said...

You are a very caring person and your creativity is pretty obvious, too.
Jean Cross

Deb said...

Giggle! So cute and FUN! Now I'll be singing that song all day, and I only know that one line! ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

Bold and fun!

*Alison* said...

what a great bold card.. and fun stamps too :)
I "heart" Julie.. and donated! off to the next blog on the hop :) HUGS

Jennifer Scull said...

your card is FANTASTIC!!!! I love that funky little guy with the saying. grins!

Holly said...

Beautiful projects!

Holly

hollyshobbie at gmail dot com

Laura Davis said...

Darling work!
Hugs
Laura

Jessica Griffin said...

Awww Fiona!! I love your atc's!! So clever!! xo

Teresa Kline said...

adorable!

Linda Harris said...

Awww so cute. Perfect saying!!!!! Linda harris

Jan Garber said...

I know I had to smile at these adorable little guys!

Basement Stamper said...

Such a GREAT ATC- love it!

Emily Branch said...

This is TOTALLY adorable! What a great idea! TFS!

Karen Day said...

These are hilarious!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a fun ATC! The image is totally unique!

v said...

Thanks for supporting Julie's cause!

~Vanessa W

Krysta said...

Very unique!

Betty said...

so clever - great bright cheerful ATC's.

Monique said...

Great card :)

Mallika said...

hello ..
wonderful job
hugs
mallika
would love if you will visit my blog too
mallikakejriwal@gmail.com
www.missnotsogoodwithwords.blogspot.com

mjblahnik56 said...

Love the cards I am a new follower.

mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

Rema said...

This card sure fits the cause . very nice...

wendy said...

funny !

Amy C said...

Fun card!!

Sarah Anderson said...

fab ATC Fiona, love it!

marla said...

Great job on your ATC cards!!

Carmen said...

Haha, love the cards!

Lindsey said...

I love these two ATCs! So original and perfect for this hop!

Michele Gross said...

Oh Fee! So fun!!

Tanya said...

Oh how cute and so fun!

Lisa said...

How fun are these!!!

Carol E said...

Love your cards they are so cute, thanks for sharing them.

Tracy said...

Awesome cards!

Tracy
owlbecraftin at gmail dot com
owlbecrafin.blogspot.com

Michellem said...

Love your ATCs!! I am very fascinated by those Stampotique stamps but they are always just a little too "dark" for me.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Now why didn't I think of that song? :) Very clever and love the bright colors.

JenMarie said...

:) Too cute!!

Maria said...

Interesting card, so creative! Love the colors!

Just me... said...

Fiona... you're amazing! Your flowers were the talk of my house (and my craft classes) for the whole time they were on my desk. Every time one of my friends came over I would rush to show them your amazing flowers! I must chat with you about getting some! Big Hugs and thanks for participating.

Heather@PixieDust said...

love it!

jan farnworth said...

very cute

NinaN said...

So different from what you usually see in the card making world! Love it!

zehra said...

Nice colors

~amy~ said...

Your ATC are so FUN!!!

Janice M said...

Fun hop for a great cause!

Terri E. said...

Great card!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Stephanie said...

too cute & funny :)

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Sweet cards! Love the sentiments! [chuckle here] ;o)

Christina said...

These are so funny! I love your choice of colors and the fun circle backgrounds.

Fiona said...

Woo hoo! Up to my own blog - can I just say a big THANK YOU to all of you who are stopping by my blog on this hop, thank you to my new followers ;), and thank you to Julie and Nicole for having me as part of this benefit!

Dawn said...

Great ATC's Fiona. They made me smile!

Marsha said...

Funny cards.

shirley said...

YAY! I have finally reached one of my fave blogs!
Fiona, you are so clever,creative and caring!
You know I LOVE your hilarious and fabulous ATC`s :)
Gave me a really good chuckle this morning...just what I needed it.
I have also just donated to a very worthy cause.

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Super fun cards!

Evelene S said...

What fun cards you made and love the colors!

Tammy V said...

Too cute, made me smile and laugh!

Karen B. said...

These are adorable! Great colors too.

Suzanne said...

Fun cards, Fee! The first one especially made me LOL!

Dana said...

Fun and cute cards!!!

Ruby said...

Oh yay!! I hadn't realised you were on the hop too, your projects are SO fun and I love your backgrounds. How are you Miss Fee?!! xx

Moosisk said...

Too cute! Love your projects. Thanks for the inspiration. :D
Janet
moosisk@hotmail.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

Cute and perfect sentiment!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Dawn L said...

Thister Thuzy Thittin on a Thistle!

dawnweck@hotmail.com

Tenia Nelson said...

LOL.....awesome projects!!

Mary Jo said...

So funny and cute!

Kim H said...

Love the colors, and the added handmade touches of painting. Thank you.

Barb said...

These are so funny, Fiona! Love the blue and green combo and adorable image! :)

Irene said...

Too funny...I had to laugh out loud about the sentiment...the ATC's look great!

Anita said...

How perfect! These are stunning!

mommakatx6 said...

Very cute.

Alice Wertz said...

these are so neat! wonderful ATCs!

Angela said...

How cute! TFS.

NoraAnne said...

Haha! So cute and funny :)

RiNNE said...

Hehe! Very unique!!

Nichole Bryant said...

Those are some really cute stamps!

Natalie said...

Ha! Silly girl, these are so fun!

Scrapacat said...

Oh how I adore these cards! Paint and ink work so well together. Love them!
~ky
scrapacat at yahoo dot com
http://bunnynest.blogspot.com

lynn said...

such creative, fun cards, fiona! the first sentiment--too cute!

Rochelle said...

LOVE these ATCs.

Nicki S said...

Very creative projects!

Tamara said...

Thank you for being apart of such a great hop and cause! Cute ATCs!!
sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

Indy said...

What fun cards...great for today's cause.
indyowens at yahoo dot com

Denise said...

Very sweet of you to join this great operation....hope it is successful. I am doing my part by participating in the blog hop.

Denise

MissScrapAlot said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! HUGS AND PRAYERS HER WAY!!!!!!!!

wyme98@yaho..com

cappuccino and colour said...

oh what a wonderful sentiment on your xmas card.. too cool! love all the paint and stamps too. superb!

Eva said...

very fun and cool!!!
Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
I have a giveaway on my blog

scrappycanuck said...

Here's hoping Julie has her front two teeth by Christmas!

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are cute! Great color combo. :o)

Jennifer said...

Love the colors!

Lisa said...

I love the colors in your cards!!! TFS

It is truely inspiring to see so many people giving of themselves to help a friend! God bless!


Have a scrap-happy day
Lisa G
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/
lkgra@hotmail.com

Lindsey Wood said...

Cute card and ATC! I love the sayings!

Laura said...

such cute, clever, and creative projects!!! thanks for sharing!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE these to pieces, Fee! And they're so you! Plus, your color combos are absolutely scrumptious, and your sentiments are PERFECT! LOVE!

Lagene said...

Such a cute card for such a great cause!

Lisa Petrella said...

Fun cards!!! LOVE your color combos!!!

Alicia said...

Love that little guy...great card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! FEE! This is SOOOO cute--I LOVE how the teeth are missing and then there! You did a great job with these ATC cards! LOVE LOVE LOVE your work--and I'm so thankful that you were a part of this hop! LOVE YOU!

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a fun set of ATC's!!! Totally laughed out loud seeing these cuties!

Billie Dee said...

Very colorful!

Kimba's Kreations said...

These are too funny! Love 'em

Helen L said...

the sentiment on the first card is TOO cute: I'll bet Julie laughs and cries when she reads it :-D

whoistracy said...

It has been ages since I made an ATC- these are absolutely adorable!!! I'm getting inspired to try again.

Sandy said...

too cute! TFS!!!

Julie Ranae said...

Fee..you have no idea how many times I've sung this song in my head! My dad used to sing it to me (in jest) when I was younger because he knew it made me laugh, even though I struggled then with my teeth.
Your friendship has been so special to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a big part of this time in my life.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

How totally fun and funky! Totally made me smile for sure!