Monday, October 24, 2011

Play Date Cafe #104

Here is the beautiful colour story over at The Play Date Cafe this week....


And here is my card - another Christmas card I know, but I am determined to have my cards done before December.  I had trouble matching the shade of 'mauve' as suggested in the colour story, so I went with papers from Kaisercraft's 'Lilac Avenue Collection'.


The stamps I have used are from Kaisercraft 'Silly Season' and 'Dear Santa', as well as the greeting which is from Stamp-It 'December 25th' set.


I used The Twinery 'honeydew' twine for the thread for my baubles, and added some distress crackle to give them a little more aged appearance.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Fiona
xx

9 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so pretty, Fee! LOVE your buttoned ornaments, and your papers couldn't be more perfect for this color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Jenny said...

Beautiful Fee... I love that color palette... hard to believe (and I say that every year now:)) that Christmas is just around the corner... must feel great to be organized too...

Jenny x

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, Fiona! I love your ornaments!

shirley said...

Love those ornaments.
Fabulous Christmas card with these pretty colours.

Lynn said...

I love that card - the colour combination is beautiful and I, too, love those ornaments

Stacy said...

Fiona your Chrsitmas card is fabulous. Loving the design, thanks for playing with us at The Play date Cafe!

Lisa said...

Beautiful ornaments on your delightful card Fiona!

Shobana said...

Lovely! The buttons are such a cute accent! :)

Julie Ranae said...

Fee...this is absolutely beautiful! You always know how to interpret the colors in such a creative way..so glad to have you with us on our celebration week and thank you for being such a huge part of it's success!!