Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Creating for fun

Recently, someone mentioned to me how they would love to know what I would create if I wasn't making something for a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I love to enter challenges - I love to create within the confines of a set of restrictions, but it did get me thinking....

I love the mixed media look, and have kind of tried it before, but thought I'd have a go at a mixed media Christmas card today.


The tree was made with a triangle base and scraps of green papers, which I zig zag stitched together, before inking over the tree with peeled paint and forest miss distress inks. The trunk is also a scrap of brown inked with walnut stain distress ink.


I covered my base with gesso and then sprayed on some lettuce and stream adirondack colorwash, added some white paint, and eventually some peeled paint and chipped sapphire distress inks.


I used loads of stamps in creating this card:

Stampers Anonymous Music Background (paint)
Stampotique Honeycomb background (paint)
Stamp It December 25th (Star - broken china DI)
Stampolicious Typo Bird (forest moss DI)
Kaiser Silly Season (flourish - white colorbox)
Darkroom Door Noel (definition - peeled paint DI)
Darkroom Door Yuletide (words - black archival)
Paperbag Studios Journal Impressions (circles - white paint)

Some outlining in black artline and white gel pen finished it off, as well as a little AED glitter (luminous lime and white fizz).

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my creation :)

Fiona
xx


5 comments:

Jenny said...

And it is fabulous Fee... just love it... a beautiful mixed media creation... the background colors are so sweet...

Jenny x

shirley said...

Fabulous mixed media card Fee!
Love the colours and combination of awesome stamps :)

Karen said...

Gorgeous! So richly textured and colourful, and the bits of text here and there add such a wonderful design element. Beautiful!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous textures, Fiona, & the colours are so rich too :)

Lynn said...

It looks great, lots of layers and stamps - love it