Friday, November 4, 2011

Play Date Cafe #106

Such a sweet colour challenge at The Play Date Cafe this week!  But on my quest to create Christmas cards, I did find this a little challenging, when all I could think of was baby cards!!  Here is the colour story....


And here is my entry....


I tried to keep my card soft and sweet as well.  The yellow cardstock is Bo Bunny 'Mellow Yellow Dot', with a little offcut of grey dots, and some white cardstock.  The image was stamped in pumice stone and black soot distress inks.


I crocheted the snowflake in DMC Perle No. 8 cotton, which was stiffened lightly, then sprayed with glimmermist.

For those of you interested and have Ravelry logons, the pattern for this snowflake can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Fiona
xx

13 comments:

Jaclyn Miller said...

Hi Fee, I love that you're making Christmas cards with all of the PDCC colors! You've made another beauty!

Jinny Newlin said...

What an absolutely beautiful creation, Fee! LOVE your crocheted snowflake and the polka dots and that you've used such a uniquely different color combo for a Christmas creation! Pure genius! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Great job on that snowflake.

shirley said...

A sweet Christmas card Fee.
Unusual colours for Christmas, but works well with your fabulous snowflake :)

Jenxo said...

i just love it, the snowflake is beautiful...

Mim said...

STUNNING.. what else is there to say? Love it!

Basement Stamper said...

That crocheted flower is stunning! Beautiful mix of colors on this Christmas card.

Lisa said...

Lovely Fiona...your snowflake is STUNNING!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHH! Fee--this is why I love visiting here! You crocheted that snowflake! GET OUT! Sooooooo beautiful and I LOVE that you made it pink! LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this card---BEAUTIFULLY done:) THANKS for joining us over at the PDCC:)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous Fee... I love that you went for a Christmas card with these colors... looks fabulous... and your snowflake is stunning... how clever you are...

Happy Sunday
Jenny x

Andrea Ewen said...

Ahh, Fee...that crocheted doily is an absolute dream! You've done such a marvelous job with these colors, your card is so delicate and vintage!

Ruby said...

You are SO clever with your crochet, I wouldn't have thought to stiffen and spritz it, what a great idea! LOVELY card! Hope you're well, I miss you on the team x

Ruby said...

ps - Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at The Play Date Cafe lol