Sunday, November 13, 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge #42 meets CAS-ual Fridays CFC28

There is a sketch challenge happening at the moment at Stampotique Designers Challenge.  Here is the sketch...


And here is my take.... you can see I've oriented it differently.


I've been quite taken with black/white/lime recently, so wanted to use it in this project.  I began with a white tag which I stamped with Hero Arts 'friends definition' in Shabby Shutters distress ink.  I added two strips of different Kaisercraft papers and stitched them on with black and white thread.


Then I stamped Stampotique's 'smile', 'head', and 'mort had a pin curl' on scrap cardstock in black archival and trimmed out the heads.  I marked where their heads would go, and sewed the 'hanging thread' before attaching their heads and adding some black kaisercraft rhinestones.  Finished it off with stamping 'merry Chistmas' in black (Darkroom Door 'alphabet medley') and adding a ribbon tie.


I checked the new challenge at CAS-ual Fridays which is 'Tag You're It' (so create a tag or a project with a tag) so I am entering this tag in their challenge as well.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you've had a blast of a weekend!

Fiona
xx

15 comments:

shirley said...

Fee, I love your take on this sketch!
Love lime and black. The quirky Stampotique characters look at home on this fab tag.

Gez said...

Fabulous tag! Great colours Fee.

Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Have a great Sunday. Gez.

Carla said...

love your tag, the colours are great

Willy said...

Great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 42.

Basement Stamper said...

Great tag, love the heads with the colors on this. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Kaz said...

I love this tag! Such a fab take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in again with us at Stampotique.

Laura Davis said...

This is such a fun tag!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Siobhan Brignull said...

beautiful colours and love the way you have turned it around, Siobhan

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute Christmas tag, wonderful use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the SCB#42!

Michele Gross said...

Super cute! You always make the little Stampotique guys look fun :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Cath said...

Fun card, Fiona! :)

dutchstamptramp said...

Wonderful tag, fab colourcombination! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge.

Jane Wetzel said...

oh I just LOVE this! great job on the challenge and so glad u joined us at Stampotique!

AngelaC said...

I love those colours too and the way you have used the heads. Great work!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Great project! Love your interpretation of the sketch!

Vicki